01 January 2024

New Year's Day 2024


“All I ask the new year for
is to fall silently into the spaces
that the last one left empty.
Filling them with a hope
that tells me gently at dawn
that my simple love
can cure even the most extraordinary heart
and that my broken past
is enough for each tomorrow that follows.
Maybe it will even remind me
that all the mistakes I will collect over the next year
are not as bad as the chances I missed in the last one.”
― Laura Chouette

May 2024 bring you all the good things possible. Here we go!

6 comments:

Vera said...

Happy New Year Bridget!!

Kim in Oregon said...

Beautiful poem, thank you for sharing. Happy New Year!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

All the best to you in 2024

KSD said...

Let's do this.

Araignee said...

Here we go is right. It's too bad we don't get a choice in this. I can think of some years I would rather head into than this one. Any non-election year would be nice.
Happy New Year!

Dee said...

Wishing you all a very good 2024.