March is one of my favorite months, and I'm so happy that it starts today! I have nothing against any of the other months (though the summer months get on my bad side when they are just too much summer ...), but March is the month of my birthday, so I think it's special.
But enough about me (yeah, right), March has a lot of other things going for it:
1. It's also the month of Carol's birthday, as well as Lisa's (the owner of Rosie's), and my friend Sharrie.
2. It has St. Patrick's Day, as well as St. Joseph's Day (zeppoles!).
3. It is a month that has never involved any surgical procedures, or recoveries from said procedures (for me, that is. I'm sure others have had surgery during March ...).
4. The first day of spring is in March, but you are also just as likely to get a blizzard sometime during its 31 days.
5. Daffodils usually bloom, or at least begin to bloom, during March. And I love daffodils, though I have no luck growing them in the garden.
6. I was baptized in March, thereby saving me from limbo, especially since now the pope has eliminated limbo. (So tell me, where do all the unbaptized babies go if they die?? And where are the ones who were already there?? Huh?? Answer me that one, pope!)
7. Sometimes, Easter falls in March ... and when it doesn't, Easter is usually shortly after the end of the month, so you start to see chocolate bunnies and peeps during the month. I am always cheered up by chocolate bunnies and peeps. (Peeps that look like baby chicks. Because I am a Peeps Purist.)
8. The saying goes that March comes in like a lion, and goes out like a lamb. I don't really care either way, since I like lions and lambs, and would be happy to see either/both of them at any point during the month.
And of course, other things that I am not thinking of at the moment. But I'm sure by now you get the idea. So have a good March, even if you are not lucky enough to have been born in it!