12 March 2017

The One About the Weekend

Brrrr!  It's cold here in Philadelphia, after a couple of days in the 60s last week.  And if the prognosticators are to be believed, a major snowstorm is arriving tomorrow night into Tuesday.  The last two times they predicted such things, the city ended up getting ~1 inch of slush which was gone by the next day, so I don't know if that will happen again, or if this will be the time the law of averages proves them correct.  Either way, it's not like I can do anything about it, so I'm not gonna worry about it.

However, it is cold enough for me to once again post this:


One of my all-time faves. :-)

My weekend started on Friday, with a visit to the orthopedic dr.  Good news, my ankle is completely healed!  She wants me to wear the boot when I'm out of the house for a bit until I've had a few PT sessions, for support.  Which was only slightly disappointing, but I don't need the crutches or my cane anymore, so that's good.  And not using it around the house is helping me feel more confident.  I'm gonna call tomorrow to set up my PT, so I'm on my way!

On my way home, I stopped to pick up my new eyeglass frames, with  my new Rx, and it's so nice to be able to see better!  It's funny, because this time, I didn't really notice anything, but apparently the distance part of my Rx changed quite a bit - since I wear trifocals, I'm guessing the computer and reading parts might be more noticeable when they get blurry.  But with my new glasses, I realize that my distance sight was not that great ...

Yesterday morning, I had an appt for a haircut, so I got up bright and early to get that done.  The Tim had yesterday off, which was nice because we just hung out, watched some shows we'd recorded, and celebrated the 5th birthday of this boy:


Yep, Milo the Koodle turned 5 yesterday!  He is the only kitty whose actual birthday we know, since he was born in a friend's back yard.  He's had kind of a tough year, losing his very bestest buddy, Dug the Doodle Dog, and then being forced to accept an annoying kitten as a new member of the family.  But considering all of that, he is doing well, continuing to think of way to destroy things and cause problems, and we wouldn't have it any other way.  

While watching our shows, I also finished another knitting project!  But I'm gonna save that for another post.  It's funny, because most of the time, any given project takes me a while to complete.  Then this year, I managed to finish three projects by the middle of February, and was zooming along on another couple of things.  Last week, I was thinking "wow, I haven't finished anything for a while, I'd better get going!" Which just shows how quickly your perspective can change, right?

Today's activities are more benign - sorting through some stuff from the basement as part of one of Philly Tim's projects, getting some clothes ready to take the donation center, paying some bills, and getting organized for this week.  The Tim won't be home from work until ~ 9 p.m., and then we'll have some tea and some of the Koodle's birthday cake to close out the weekend.

And that's the news from here.  How was your weekend?

12 comments:

Lorette said...

My weekend's been good so far! John and I have been just spending time together, enjoying where we live and everything we have. It's nice to have just an ordinary weekend.

Araignee said...

The bigger the storm predictions, the bigger the disappointment around here. They've promised the kids school closings on Tuesday already. I'd hate to be a teacher on Tuesday if it doesn't all come to pass.

Mereknits said...

Yay about your ankle. Good news indeed. Happy Birthday to Milo. He sure is handsome.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Happy Birthday Milo! Love me a little ginger cat!

My weekend has been pretty quiet. I ended up having to work for a few hours, and had a short visit from my brother and SIL. (Brother wanted to talk guitars with Dave). I did manage to finish the back of my cardigan and I've started designing a new hat.

Bonny said...

I'm glad to hear your good orthopedic news and enjoy that birthday cake! I am holding out hope for an inch of slush (rather than the possible 10-18" of snow the weather people have been yelling about).

Tired Teacher said...

Enjoy the birthday cake and sneak a small bit to Milo, too.

Thrilled to hear your ankle is healed and crutches are no longer needed.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Milo the Koodle! You look GREAT!!!

Glad you had some good news from the doctor. You'll be back running marathons in NO time!

Vera said...

Yay for your ankle and yay for cake! Happy Birthday Milo.
I'm still hoping for no work tomorrow, but time will tell.

Nance said...

Love that comic panel, too. And you already know my devotion to Marmalade Cats. Milo looks a lot like my cat Piper, although Piper is about three times his size. Sigh.

We're under a Winter Storm Warning with a forecast of 6-12 inches. I'm devastated. This, after a prediction last week of "a dusting".

So glad about your ankle!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Great news about the ankle!!! Yay! So glad for you and Happy B-Day to Milo. He's a handsome dude. As for the weather....yuk....I want flowers not snow! We had snow here for the weekend. It only lasted for a few hours but still...I was not impressed. LOL

Caffeine Girl said...

Good news about your ankle. Just don't risk it by going out in the blizzard!

Judy S. said...

Glad to hear your ankle is better! Hope you're staying warm, too. Can't wait to see the newest project!