06 October 2017

Old Photo Friday

Well this is a killer from wayback!


This is a photo of my mother, probably taken by my father.  I don't remember specifics, but I do know he had a Polaroid camera, and was always taking pictures of everything and everyone.  I do remember that my mother was all excited about her new swimsuit, so she was likely showing all of us how nice it looked.  And then Toby the dog decided he should also be in the picture.  The look of annoyance on my mother's face is perfect, and a look we all saw quite often!  I'm 99% sure that a comment like "Oh for God's sake! Why is the damn dog in the picture?" was also part of this event.

June 1968.  Wow, what a time. 

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Nance said...

1968--Toby was photobombing before that was even a word. Your mom didn't know what a trendsetter he was.

I was nine. All my swimsuits were one-piece with little skirts. That was my go-to style for a long, long time.

Bonny said...

Ah, the good old days when we had to keep the honest photos we took instead of just deleting them and making our lives look as Pinterest perfect as possible. Real-life photos are the best!

Lorraine said...

Bridget- Ah yes, the good old Polaroid. They're a thing now amongst hipster photographers.

Anonymous said...

Nance stole my comment! LOL

Well, if you were rockin' a new swimsuit, would you want the dog stealing your thunder.

elns said...

I love old photo Friday! Your Mom's suit is fantastic and I'm pretty sure that Henry will be saying the same thing about the faces I made. In fact he already does. I think I'm going to start abbreviating Oh for God's sake with OfGS, all the kids are abbreviating things! Why can't I be cool too? ;)

Wishing you a happy weekend too.

Araignee said...

Whoa...your Mom was quite the bathing beauty!

karen said...

look at the short shorts :) Love the old photo and there are many photos of me looking annoyed (and of my mother!).

Tired Teacher said...

I love that Toby photobombed your Mom!