11 October 2006

Details

As mentioned yesterday, I received my package from my secret swap pal in the Knitters Tea Swap 2. It turns out that she is Sarah, who is a potter as well as a knitter, and she lives in Burnsville, North Carolina.

Talk about hitting the jackpot! I don't have a digital camera, so I can't show you a picture of the goodies she sent, but I can tell you all about them. First of all, there were three different teas: Chocolate Mint, White Blueberry, and Throat Tender, which she noted was especially good for sore throats (how did she know I am prone to sore throats??). I haven't tried them yet, but plan to in the next few days. She also sent me a mesh tea ball/spoon thingy, which as far as I'm concerned, you can never have too many of - I'm always poking through drawers in the kitchen looking for one of ours.

Then there was yarn -sock yarn - in a neat variegation of dark and light greens, tiny bits of blue and gray, yellow, and probably some others that aren't showing up in the wound skein. It feels really soft, and when I visited her blog, I found out that she dyed it herself!!

As if that wasn't enough there were two more packages in the big box. One was a bag of homemade Snickerdoodles!! (She enclosed a funny note that said something to the effect that they are the one cookie that is perfect without being chocolate - I agree.) I have already had a ton, er, a few - and they are delicious. Yum. Then to top it all off, she sent me a gorgeous dark green glazed mug that she made for ME!!! She made me a mug, people - how absolutely cool is that??

I had so much fun opening it, and reading all of her notes. If you have a chance to participate in a swap (especially if there is a Knitters Tea Swap 3), I would say go for it! This is only the third swap I've done, and I've had more fun every time. I really enjoy buying things and sending them to someone who will not only be surprised with the contents, but with finding out who sent the package. And as far as I'm concerned, it's always fun to get a package in the mail, even if it's a box o' crap (note to future swap partners - I am not in any way suggesting you send me a box 'o crap, I'm just making a point here!).

I finally got the size box that I needed, and sent my package to someone in Colorado today. I hope she has fun with what I sent.

Did I mention that Sarah baked me cookies AND made me a mug, besides all the other stuff she sent?

So, it was all good, because a) I got a package in the mail, b) I get to try some new things, tea-wise and yarn-wise, c) she sent me homemade cookies and a mug she made for me, d) I got a chance to "meet" someone new, or e) all of the above.

Oh, and I just want to say: tea + tea ball + hand-dyed yarn + home baked cookies + a mug just for me = happy happy happy.

Cool, huh?

Thanks, Sarah.


Note: And for those of you who are the ultimate morally imperative type, and are scoffing at the sheer waste and consumerism at work here, when there are wars and people starving and pollution, and all other sorts of death and destruction in the universe - please just go read some other blog where some superior person like yourself is morally outraged as well. Both of us will feel better, and I won't have to berate you for being a buzzkill. But do have a nice day, OK? :-)

3 comments:

teabird said...

(exactly right!!!)

Homemade Snickerdoodles - oh, man.

Sarah-potterknitter said...

Just let it be known that I mailed you a much smaller bag of cookies than I had intended. It seemed that everytime I walked by three or four just jumped out and had to be eaten so that they wouldn't escape.

Michelle in Colorado Springs said...

I got your box on friday. I like the black india tea. The chocolate is gone, they were good!