07 March 2008

Booking Through Thursday ... except on Friday ...

Hero

You should have seen this one coming … Who is your favorite Male lead character?

This was easy - Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird. Because he acted upon his beliefs, without making a big show about it. He was able to appreciate the value of every life, and held true to an ideal that justice would not be blind. He proved his point without belittling anyone else. And when it didn't work out for him, he didn't give up.

If I could live my life accomplishing even one of those things, I would think it was worthwhile.

7 comments:

teabird said...

If I had that kind of integrity, I'd be a happy woman. He never compromised.

Anonymous said...

I agree. In fact I chose him also. I cannot think of any character with as much, dare I say it, "character".

Good pick!

Anonymous said...

Atticus. No one really comes close, do they?

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

As a qualifier - I've just finished watching North & South starring Richard Armitage. So my vote goes to John Thornton because he raised himself from nothing and had the courage when he lost everything to still pursue what he wanted. Life is to be experienced.

knitseashore said...

I so wish we had heroes that noble in today's books and films, instead of "reality" TV. Atticus was so inspiring. These people, not so much.

BookGal said...

He was my top choice too. Incredible character!

Carol said...

A great choice!