04 December 2008

The Christmas Knitting, It Is Finished!

... or is it???

The answer is yes and no. All of the gifts I decided I was going to knit last year, to give for Christmas this year, are finished.

Like the Fly Eagles Fly! Socks, pictured here on the right. I finished them this past Sunday, meaning that I was even finished before December started! (Sadly, the Eagles aren't flying much this season. But like Christmas, football season comes around every year.) These are for my niece Julie's husband Keith (they are the ones who got married this summer in Puerto Rico), and I'm pleased with how well they turned out. The photo is kinda dark, but the main color is a forest green shade that in real life, pops out from the white stripe and black trim. Details are here on Ravelry, but basically I can tell you that it's my usual Yankee Knitter basic sock pattern, Encore yarn in forest green, white, and black, knit on #5 US needles. I figure they will be great socks to wear around their apartment without shoes, and since they are Encore, they are easily washed and thrown in the dryer.

So in that sense, yes, the Christmas knitting is finished.

But, now I'm thinking I have time to make a couple of more quick gifts. Like another Herringbone Neckwarmer for a friend, and something for The Tim.

So, maybe the Christmas knitting is not finished. Only time will tell ...

You may have been wondering where I have been, being that if you know me at all, you know I am very busy starting on December 1, counting down the days until Christmas. Well, never fear, I have been busy counting down until Christmas, and getting things organized, starting to decorate, etc. But I haven't posted, because for whatever reason, I just haven't had the energy so far this week. I think part of it is because of the Cough-That-Will-Not-Die-No-Matter-What-Medication-Is-Taken, which to be honest is wearing me out. However, I shall prevail because I refuse to allow it to become the Cough-That-Took-Over-Christmastime-and-Wouldn't-Let-Me-Enjoy-It. So there!

Having said that, I feel it is my holiday duty to remind you that Christmas will in fact be here three weeks from today! I have put out some of our decorations, and this weekend, we are going to try and get our tree, so the holiday spirit is alive and well at Chez Ravell'd Sleave.

That's it for now. The cough syrup is calling me ...

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

Bridget- Glad to hear the spirit is alive and well. Is it really only 3 weeks? Geez.

Jenn said...

Shall I send Rufus over to smack your ornaments around with his tail?

We're fully decorated, but I always fuss around with things pretty much until the time we put them away. I just can't leave well enough alone!

Brigitte said...

Only...3...weeks...?! Oh no!

Christmas knitting. Right. Well, I've STARTED, so I guess that counts.

Kathleen Dames said...

Isobel has that cough, too.

Three weeks?!? Oh, dear, so much knitting to do...

Claudia Bugh said...

The socks look great!

If you are under the weather I think that instead of taking on any new projects - focus on resting and feeling better.

Sometimes I feel unmotiviated to decorate because we spend Christmas with my parents ~ so I'm still in child mode and haven't graduated to traditions of my own....

Knitterary said...

My dad had that same cough. They gave him three or four different antibiotics, cough medicines, inhalers, you name it. Everything eased it, but nothing cleared it up completely. Except time. I'd guess it was 6 weeks before the cough cleared up enough that he wasn't made miserable by it.

I hope yours is of much shorter duration. The viruses seem particularly bad this year.

Anonymous said...

Over achiever. :)

Anonymous said...

you're just another shill for the commercial holiday called christmas...:P hope to see you some time before the holiday :)

Anonymous said...

Ack- its less than three weeks now! And I just started the first teacher gift...