22 April 2020

Feeling Pleased So That's Never a Good Sign

Yes, I am feeling pleased with myself, which always ends with my getting my butt kicked by karma, the universe, Mother Nature, whoever is available at the time.  But for now I'll take it.

The thing that pleases me most right now is that I was paying bills earlier, and was actually able to have a tiny bit left to make a [tiny] contribution to the local food bank, that is struggling with extra people being out of work.  Yes, it was a good feeling, but the best part was knowing that it was made possible by the Orange One and Mnuchin, and that neither would likely find it a good use of the funds.  😋

I'm also pleased to join Kat and everyone for Unraveled Wednesday, which is always fun! I'm moving along pretty well on my knitting projects, though I am saving them to share another day.  But I haven't had to rip out anything for a while, in the case of one of them in particular, that's a good thing - I ripped out so many times when I was starting it, I nearly gave up.  But I've won that round, at least.

Reading-wise, last weekend I finished this book, which was such a fun read!


It's the first book in the Lord Peter Wimsey series, and I've never read any of them, though I've known about them forever it seems. This is the book that brought back my reading mojo.  I enjoyed this so much, I told The Tim that it was my turn for a read-aloud book, and we started it yesterday.

I just started this book a couple of days ago.


Right now, I'm not sure if I'll continue.  I love the references and descriptions of the neighborhoods in D.C., including the one where we used to live, and the story could be interesting, but right now, it seems like it might be too predictable even for me.  But I'm giving it another chapter or two, since I haven't gotten that far yet.

I hope you are getting along with your making and your reading.  Right now, it's more important than ever!

8 comments:

Kym said...

I have been meaning to dig into the Lord Peter Wimsey series for years! I think NOW would be the perfect time for it -- so thank you for the reminder. :-)

AsKatKnits said...

Ooo! A new to me series! Thank you! :)

Chris said...

Oh, I envy you the pleasure of reading all the Peter Wimsey mysteries for the first time! It may be best to read them in all sequence, but especially these MUST be read in order:
Strong Poison
Have His Carcase
Gaudy Night
Busman's Honeymoon

Enjoy!

kathy b said...

Just got my kindle....Here we go!

Dee said...

Stitching is coming along well.

Knitting ..............don't have the brain power for anything more than blanket squares.

Reading ..... see directly above. The words go in my eyes, but stop short of making it to the brain.

Araignee said...

That karma thing is real especially when it comes to knitting. Lol..

Nance said...

I love that you used some stimulus money for protest donations. I thought that was just a Me Thing! (Like making Planned Parenthood donations in the vice president's name. Yes, I do that. All the time.)

karen said...

my reading isn't happening much right now but my creating and crafting is! Thanks for the food bank reminder :)