07 February 2024

FO Post: Red Pennies

Right before Christmas, a customer was at the yarn shop, wearing the nicest-looking pair of fingerless mitts. I asked her about them, and she went on and on about how wonderful the pattern was, and how cozy the resulting mitts were.

Almost ever since I started working at the yarn shop, I'd been eyeing the Biches et Buches yarns in the colorway Norwegian Red. But I knew that I couldn't afford enough of it for anything other than a small project. Well, at last the meeting of yarns and projects happened!

(the color is actually much darker, but this is the best I could get with my photography skills)

Project: Red Pennies
Pattern: Penny Gloves, by PetiteKnit
Yarn: Biches et Buches Petit Le Petit Lambswool and Biches et Buches Le Petit Silk & Mohair, both in the colorway Norwegian Red
Needles: US size 2.5/3.0 mm
Modifications: None
Notes: I can highly recommend this pattern. It's simple and straightforward, and also very understandable. I don't know how many of you have knit PetiteKnit patterns, but they can be a bit of a challenge sometimes, which seems to be a result of translation from Danish to English. But this pattern is so basic, there isn't a lot of room for complicated language. I think that this would even work for a somewhat new-ish knitter who has maybe made a hat in the round, and wants to try the next thing.

The next time I make these for myself, I may go up to a sizes US 3 needle, but I'm gonna wait and see how these are to wear. Right now, they just fit; but it might be with wear, they stretch a bit and are just fine. We'll see. 

I'm so pleased with these fingerless mitts. They look just the way I wanted them to, and the color just makes me happy. I think I see at least another pair in my future, probably just with fingering weight yarn, since I'm not overly fond of mohair.

Now to work on all of the other things in progress ... 

6 comments:

Nance said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I want some just like it.
Those are absolutely lovely, and I'm jealous.

Araignee said...

I LOVE that red. I have a thing for red in the winter. I was just thinking that I need a lighter pair of red mittens since it was so warm this year I never even got out my thrummed ones that I made in red.

KSD said...

Love fingerlesses! And how pretty in red.

Kim in Oregon said...

Those are lovely!

Kym said...

Oh, how wonderful that you could treat yourself to a lovely pair of mitts! The color is lovely, and the yarn looks perfectly suited to the design. Nicely done, Bridge! Enjoy wearing your new mitts. XO

karen said...

gorgeous color!!