29 October 2019

No Tiny Needle, But a [Kinda] Tiny FO!

I don't have a single stitching project going at the moment, so I have nothing to show there.  I have a couple of things I want to get started, but I've been busy with gift knitting, and just haven't picked up any other projects.  Probably since they would be for me, and once my gift knitting is finished, I can do any project I like without a deadline!

BUT ...

I do have a small knitting FO to share, so let's do that.

I finished another pair of gift socks:


Project:  Penn's Christmas Socks
Pattern:  Rye by TinCanKnits
Yarn:  Plymouth Encore Worsted, in the Candy Cane colorway (red-white), and Christmas Green colorway
Needles:  US size 3 and 5
Modifications:  None
Comments:  Another fun, Christmas-themed knit gift ready to go.  If you have not yet tried the Rye pattern, give it a shot.  It's the perfect combination for knitting while chatting, watching a movie, or listening to music or a podcast (I guess it's good for knitting while reading, but I have not mastered that).  The cuffs are ribbed, and most of the sock is stockinette, with just enough that is not to keep it from becoming a slog.

As I mentioned when I was showing you her brother Oden's Christmas Socks, I don't think these will be Penn's favorite Christmas gift, but I know her parents will be pleased that each kiddo received a pair, and I know they will keep her feet warm, so when you are talking about young children, that's not a bad result.  :-)

*****

I started on my great-nephew Zach's pair of house slippers/socks yesterday.  They will just be plain vanilla socks, in red and blues, since his mother said he likes those colors.  Since he is older with bigger feet, that's fine with me!  I will be using worsted weight yarn again, so they should still go pretty quickly.  I've also been zipping along with the hat I was knitting for The Tim, and am getting ready to start socks for him, so my gift knitting is going along quite nicely.

How are your projects - gifts or not - coming along??

8 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

You might be surprised just how much the kids like those socks. It always amazed me how much our family littles looked forward to a new hand-knit pair.

AsKatKnits said...

I love those socks! (I have a pair of socks in the works and I think I will even get them done by the Christmas deadline!)

Nance said...

I'm not feeling the Knitting Mojo at present, which is dangerous since it is almost November. This may be a NoKnit Gift Year. We'll see.

You're knitting enough for the both of us!

Vera said...

Those socks are too darn cute! I'm working (slowly) on some Christmas gift socks...

Araignee said...

Woo hoo!!!! Congrats on the finish. I'm not doing any more gift knitting. I've got enough socks to go around already. I'm all about me at the moment. I can't believe I've got three, count'em THREE sweaters going at the same time. All for ME!

Shirley said...

I love those socks and think it is so neat that you are knitting something for each niece and nephew. My current project is all for me - sorting and organizing gifted fabric - but what fun.

Dee said...

Such a festive pair of socks.

I started my sweater (I know ....who AM I. Please don't faint.)

Kym said...

Those little socks are just adorable! Perfect for Christmas! :-) I wasn't planning on knitting any gifts this year, but I've just had a request for a hat, so ... I may end up knitting a few things after all. XO