22 October 2019

Nothing To See Here

Really.  I have nothing to show, but I just really felt like posting.  I can *tell* you about things I'm working on, but I have no photos of my own to show.  I do have something from a pattern, so maybe that counts?

If you don't think it does, I guess you should wait until another time ...

You may be wondering whatever became of my Pabaig sweater.  Well, I'm near the end of it, but becuase I made it longer than the one in the pattern, I ran out of yarn.  So I ordered two more balls in order to complete it, and they have not arrived yet (maybe today, if I'm lucky?).  So at the moment, that's on time out.  Once I can get the yarn, it shouldn't take much time to finish - I'm currently at the neck funnel, and then there's just the sleeves to go.

I showed you the socks I finished for my great-nephew Oden, and on Sunday evening, I finished the first sock for his sister Penn.  Last night I started sock #2, so they are nearly done as well.  Then I want to make a pair of socks/house slippers for my great nephew Zach (Oden and Penn's cousin), but those will be in blue and red, which his mother says are colors he wears a lot.  Then the holiday knitting for family out of town will be complete.  :-)  And even better, all the yarn is from stash!

In my post from yesterday, I mentioned only buying yarn three times this year, but I forgot that I bought another skein of yarn over the summer for a pair of Christmas socks for The Tim.  I don't exactly remember why I was browsing the Desert Vista Dyeworks site (I think a podcaster was talking about it), but I came across this yarn, and after thinking about it for two days, decided it was worth breaking my yarn diet to order a skein to make socks for The Tim.  The colorway - Oh, Clark! - is a reference to the National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation movie, and that movie is one of the favorites in our entire family.  (One year when the nieces were teens, and having friends over on Christmas Eve, The Tim wore an outfit inspired by Uncle Ed in the movie.)  Anyway, in theory, I would love to get these knit for his birthday in November, but there's a better chance they will be a Christmas gift.  He has also mentioned that he would like a pair of house slippers/socks as well, so something may be "saved" for next year ...

Do you remember my Crazytown Cowl?  When I was finishing that, I mentioned that I would have a fair amount of yarn left, and The Tim mentioned that he would think it would make a nice hat for him.  So I'm getting ready to cast on this pattern and alternate the yarns randomly as I go.  The photo below is one of the pattern shots o Ravelry.


I'm not sure the twisty part on the crown will show up in the yarns I have, but I think it will be a nice hat nonetheless, and I know I can get it knit by his birthday in November.  I tried casting on yesterday, but my brain was in overdrive, and focus was a problem, so after two tries, I decided that it would be better to wait.  

The good thing is, since he does not know I'm planning to do any of these, he won't be expecting anything specific - so whatever gets done will be fine!  :-)

Other than that, I have no exciting news to share.  As I said, I just wanted to post because I was in the mood to "talk" to someone.  Let me know what you are knitting, or what you are planning to knit, I'm curious!  I hope the rest of your day is all good stuff.  

8 comments:

Araignee said...

Christmas Vacation is a favorite of ours too. We took the kids to see it when it first came out and we sent the boys for popcorn. The next thing we know we see the youngest go flying down the aisle with his giant popcorn bucket in the air. It looked like it snowed all over the folks who were sitting on the aisle. We were mortified as we scrambled to clean it all up. We never let him forget it. We laugh about it at Christmas dinner every year.
As for knitting, I've got too much going right now. I hate when that happens but at least I love it all. I'll post about it tomorrow.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Sounds like you have some good solid plans. I'm still stitching away at my poncho.

Dee said...

Can you believe it? My needles are completely EMPTY!

AsKatKnits said...

I am on Sleeve Island... and I fear I will be here for a good bit of time yet!

Shirley said...

It sounds like you are making amazing progress and have everything planned out. What wonderful gifts for your family members. I am getting ready to start another quilt but haven't decided on pattern yet.

Kym said...

Oooo! That's a lot of exciting knitting you've got going/planned, Bridget! I'm sure glad you decided to share. XO

Nance said...

I've got a wrap on one set of needles and my long-term scrappy blanket on another. I'm hemming and hawing about starting another blanket, but with super bulky since I have a lot of that right now and it goes so quickly.

I like that hat pattern.

KSD said...

I've held onto this tab for a couple of days --- nothing to report here, either, really.

Making gnomes here. And fighting off a cold/flu/os-my-joints-ache-and-no-it's-not-from-being-old.