I am happy to report to you that I finished the hat I'd started for The Tim. I wove in the last of the ends right around noon yesterday. I cannot show you a blocked/blocking photo, because there is nowhere in our house where a damp or wet hat blocking on the exercise ball would not be seen (OK,there are places, but then it would likely never get dry ...) , and since this is a gift, I want it to remain a surprise. Hopefully once it is gifted later this month, I can get a better photo of it for you.
Project: Tim's Crazytown Hat
Pattern: based on the Olmsted Hat, by Jaclyn Salem
Yarn: Stonehedge Fiber Mill Crazy leftovers from this project, no colorways listed
Needle: US size 4
Modifcations: Unintentional. I had to cast on and start the first two rows about six times. I think when I finally got it to work, I just started in without taking a look at the pattern again. As a result, I didn't notice until I was getting ready to work on the crown that I had just kept ribbing along, which was not really what I should have been doing. But I liked how it looked, and wasn't about to rip out everything and start over. So I left it alone, and followed the pattern exactly only for the crown stitches.
Comments: This was such a fun, quick knit, even with using three different balls of yarn! I tried it on when it was finished, because it looked a bit small. However, it fit my large head just fine, so I know it will be OK. Plus, it's nice to have it finished well ahead of his birthday. Here's a photo I took attempting to show the crown, but unfortunately, you can't really see the detail:
But no worries, I think it all looks fine, and hopefully The Tim will think it's a nice warm cozy hat. :-)