09 November 2019

Saturday Shopping Success

Brrrrr, it's cold here!  So cozy, I just finished a cup of tea and thought I'd write a post before doing anything else.  I'm feeling pleased with myself, because I had a good idea, and got up today and went on a walk into Center City Philadelphia to see if I could make it work.  My idea paid off, and I've already been home being cozy for a couple of hours, so it's all good.  I love it when it works that way.

Among my family members are a set of great-nieces and one great-nephew that live in Arizona.  We very very seldom get to see them, but I try to send them birthday cards and Christmas gifts every year.  Now that they are all teenagers, it's not quite as simple as it used to be, particularly in the price range that I set for gifts that I have to buy instead of make.  These kids are lovely but they are not much for handmade gifts.  I had seen an article somewhere online the other day that listed "stocking stuffers" for teens, and when I read through it, I realized that one of their suggestions would be perfect as gifts for this particular family.  So today I ventured over to the Lush store and came home with these:


These filled all of my categories: small and easy to wrap/send, something they would like/use, meeting my prices, and best of all, cruelty-free!  The packaging is minimal and compostable, which is also a big plus.  So each great-niece and my great-nephew will get a small gift to open and use from us, and I didn't have to break the bank.  These are the smallest sizes, so if they aren't that crazy about the products, they won't have gobs of it to have to use.

And an extra bonus - I can get them organized with other stuff over the Thanksgiving weekend and mail them in plenty of time to arrive!

I gotta tell you, this has made my Saturday - sometimes things just go the way you hoped they would in your mind, you know?

I hope your Saturday is a good one as well.  If it's also cold where you are, stay warm!

5 comments:

Dee said...

SCORE! I might have to check out that shaving soap. That might be something our son would like.

He uses a beard oil right now that smells AMAZING. But, I know one of these days he'll change it up and start shaving again.

Araignee said...

Oh....Lush. That's some good stuff!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

It's so nice when things work out like that!

It's chilly-willy here for sure!

Nance said...

Lush is a fave of that demographic. Good buy!

Shirley said...

Since I have a teenaged granddaughter who loves Lush products, I think you made excellent choices. It's so nice when you have an idea that works out and you can be totally happy with what you are gifting. Cold here but that's okay because it is such an improvement over the hot and humid days that went on way too long.