Today is rainy and chilly here in Philadelphia, and it is a perfect day to have to be at home! Granted, we will need to take Hamlet out a couple of times, but otherwise, it's inside and cozy all day!
I have only one specific thing for this post, and then the rest is just random stuff I've thought or felt or whatever, so if you have come for compelling commentary on a particular topic, you may want to stop reading now. 😼
- First things first: Hamlet, the kitties and I are participating in the 2020 Virtual PAWS Mutt Strut next Saturday, and I'm sharing our fundraising page. Trust me, I know money is tight, so there is no pressure to contribute, but I thought you might all enjoy the pet profiles, so you should take a look anyway.
- Today when I got dressed, I pulled out a sweatshirt to wear, and I have to say, it made me so happy! I just love cooler weather and cozy clothes, and clearly I should have been born before climate change was ruining all of that.
- I am knitting another pair of shortie slipper socks for The Tim as a Christmas gift, and after those are finished, all of my gift knitting will be finished! I'm so glad that I started early, because the current pair should go pretty quickly, and it's already a good feeling to be "done" and only have the wrapping and sending left to do.
- Today is laundry day, and to be honest, there just isn't much to be washed and put in the dryer. I'm not sure why, but I am pleased to think that I will likely be finished by noon.
- Am I the only person who is surprised when people show up at the grocery store wearing their pajamas? I'm not saying I get dressed up to go, but it seems they could at least put on a pair of sweats. This morning, there was a woman heading into the market when Hamlet and I walked by, and she was in her pajamas and her slippers, and grabbed a grocery cart. To each their own I guess, but it's weird (and a little bit disturbing) to me.
- I saw this article yesterday, and it's one of the times in my life I have actually wished to be ridiculously wealthy. I just hope whoever ends up with them, they give them a good home.
- When will cropped sweaters be over? I know they are popular, but I don't like them, and it's fine that others do and look good in them. But it would be nice if the bulk of new designs had some more length varieties. And yes, I know you can knit them to be longer, but they don't always end up looking that great.
- Rhinebeck was supposed to be this weekend (I know it's still happening virtually) and for once I don't feel that everyone I know is there except for me. I do miss hearing about everyone's adventures and purchases, and seeing the photos, but it will be nice to know that everyone is in the same boat. I hope the vendors will do well enough virtually to at least make up for some of what they miss.
- Do you ever watch the Knitting by the Sea podcast? I do occasionally, and in the latest one, she talks about a movie that was made in her town last year that is now out. The odd coincidence is that The Tim and I had both just seen an ad for it and wondered what it was the day before. I'm not really planning to watch it, but it seemed like a weird coincidence to me that I chose to watch an episode where she mentioned it and that it was in her area where they filmed it.
- Karen posted a "happy list" on her blog today, and really enjoyed it. So here are some things on my happy list for today and the weekend:
cool weather ; hot apple cider ; meeting new puppies in the neighborhood ; watching the Notre Dame football game on Saturday, and then watching the Eagles play the Ravens on Sunday (and probably lose ... it can't *all* be happy!) ; reading a cozy mystery about knitting ; doing some baking ; getting my hair cut tomorrow morning ; talking to my sisters on the phone and catching up ; participating in the Here: Five Things project ; nice long walks along the river trail ; knitting
What is on your happy list??
Have a good weekend, and remember to enjoy it however you can.