28 December 2020

Scenes from Christmas Day 2020

Hello there - I hope you are still enjoying your Christmastime.  We are definitely still taking advantage of the season.

Hamlet and Pip were worn out on Christmas Eve night, with all of the preparations finished and it was just time to wait for Santa.


(The Koodle was still eating dinner at this point, but trust me, shortly after joined Hamlet on the couch!)

Our Christmas Day was really nice, and lots of fun.  Everyone seemed very pleased with their gifts, and we had a lot of laughs watching Hamlet and the kitties deal with all of the excitement, wrapping paper, and treats.


The Tim's various "projects" were all finally finished, and we were able to decorate the tree.



Hamlet felt certain he could smell something that seemed an awful lot like treats in his package!


I ended up with two stockings - one from Santa, and one from The Tim with Rudolph on it, and a teddy bear like Mr. Bean's stuffed inside.  


Cream Puff celebrated his 60th birthday with a big red bow, and enjoyed hanging out with us and checking out the tree.


I received Cream Puff for Christmas when I was 4 years old, and we lived at 162 Park Avenue, Teaneck, New Jersey.  He has been my best, most steadfast friend since then, and though both of us are a little bit worse for the wear, I'm glad we got to celebrate this mileston together.  (Fun fact: he was the only one of my toys who ever called my parents by their first names.  I don't know why, and he's never really explained it. 😊)

We ate, and drank, and opened gifts and stockings, listened to Christmas music,  took a few walks with Hamlet, and had a wonderful yummy dinner fixed by The Tim.  Later in the evening, we celebrated with some tea and Christmas cookies.  Not a bad way to end a special day.

I hope all of you had a lovely day as well, whether or not you were celebrating the holiday.  

7 comments:

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Sounds like a perfect Christmas to me! I love your tree, it’s got a lovely traditional feel to it.
Found you whilst blog hopping, would be lovely to see you over at mine at emeraldcottage.blogspot.com
Jillxx

Dee said...

I just had the biggest laugh. In the first photo, I thought Pip was wearing a basket on his head.

I knew that couldn't be right. LOL It wasn't. His head is turned.

Geese .............new glasses and still can't see.

Martha said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I can see that the fur babies really enjoyed it too. Give then all extra hugs from me tonight. I really love that you still have Cream Puff. You made me laugh about him calling your parents by their first names. Thank you I need that! :)

Nance said...

What a lovely Christmas had by all. It's terrific that you still have a much-loved childhood friend to continue to share your favourite holiday with. And I love that he's not unlike the dogs you've had as an adult.

Araignee said...

What a lovely day!
We usually take Pup out to Pet Smart to pick out some new toys and some treats. Since we couldn't do that this year we just wrapped up last year's toys and a bag of treats we already had. She had a ball trying to unwrap it and played all day like it was a new toy. Go figure.

karen said...

Your Christmas looks delightful and restful! Happy New Year to you and your family!!

Mehedi Hasan Jim said...

cute