It occurred to me that I hadn't done one of these posts in a while. I like doing them, because they remind me to think of good things and enjoy the happy things in life.
So here are a few things from the past week.
1. The Birthday of The Tim. I love birthdays, I love celebrating birthdays, I love giving presents, I love birthday cake - well, you get what I'm saying. We both took the day off, and just had a quiet, lovely day at home. We went out for breakfast, and then again for dinner, but otherwise sat at home in our comfy clothes with Dug and the kit kats. A nice long, day, and a happy day too.
2. Anticipation and excitement leading up to Thanksgiving. I love thinking about Thanksgiving almost as much as I love the holiday itself. I have been enjoying every minute of this.
3. A free drink. I have a Starbucks card, so that I can get a drink even when I don't have cash on me (which is frequently), and so I don't have to use a credit card for a small amount (I hate using a credit card for anything under $10.00. Well, or even at all, but you know what I mean). Anyhoo, I had a free drink, since I'd bought however many it is that get you a free drink, and I got it this morning on my way to work. A Friday and a free drink are an excellent combination.
4. Star Wars cufflinks. A little boutique in our neighborhood recently got some Star Wars cufflinks. One of my nephews by marriage is a Star Wars fan, and according to his wife, wears cufflinks pretty often. Guess what he'll get for Christmas? Now I just need to decide which to choose.
5. Cold weather. Today it actually feels like fall! Thank God. I only get through summer due to the promise of cooler weather. On top of which, my office is generally about 80-85 degrees, and of course I can't open the window, so walking out into actual cool air feels even better.
What about you? Were there any particularly good things this week for you?
NaBloPoMo Day #20