20 November 2015

Five Favorites For This Friday

It occurred to me that I hadn't done one of these posts in a while.  I like doing them, because they remind me to think of good things and enjoy the happy things in life.

So here are a few things from the past week.

1.  The Birthday of The Tim.  I love birthdays, I love celebrating birthdays, I love giving presents, I love birthday cake - well, you get what I'm saying.  We both took the day off, and just had a quiet, lovely day at home.  We went out for breakfast, and then again for dinner, but otherwise sat at home in our comfy clothes with Dug and the kit kats.  A nice long, day, and a happy day too.

2.  Anticipation and excitement leading up to Thanksgiving.  I love thinking about Thanksgiving almost as much as I love the holiday itself.  I have been enjoying every minute of this.

3.  A free drink.  I have a Starbucks card, so that I can get a drink even when I don't have cash on me (which is frequently), and so I don't have to use a credit card for a small amount (I hate using a credit card for anything under $10.00.  Well, or even at all, but you know what I mean).  Anyhoo, I had a free drink, since I'd bought however many it is that get you a free drink, and I got it this morning on my way to work.  A Friday and a free drink are an excellent combination.

4.  Star Wars cufflinks.  A little boutique in our neighborhood recently got some Star Wars cufflinks.  One of my nephews by marriage is a Star Wars fan, and according to his wife, wears cufflinks pretty often.  Guess what he'll get for Christmas?  Now I just need to decide which to choose.

5.  Cold weather.  Today it actually feels like fall!  Thank God.  I only get through summer due to the promise of cooler weather.  On top of which, my office is generally about 80-85 degrees, and of course I can't open the window, so walking out into actual cool air feels even better.

What about you?  Were there any particularly good things  this week for you?



NaBloPoMo Day #20

5 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Today is my Tim's birthday--two out of three presents are Christmas related but that is ok right?

Wanderingcatstudio said...

If they have Han Solo cufflinks.. always go Han Solo!
Hope the Tim had great birthday!

Araignee said...

I agree with the cool weather thing. I was just thinking how nice it is to be able to walk outside today and feel a temperature difference-as long as it's not that polar vortex thingy. That was awful.

Mereknits said...

I love your five things. Today is cloudy and it look like snow, although it is 84 out! I love it because I can look at the sky and pretend it is cold out.
Hugs to you and great idea with the cuff-links.
Meredith

Anonymous said...

Wonderful things ---- especially The Tim's birthday.

The most wonderful thing about this weekend was that Steve had a medical test that could have turned out difficult and we got the best of news. That was pretty wonderful!