30 November 2015

What I Learned in November

I am kinda surprised that it is the last day of November, to be honest.  I like November, and this was a nice one.  And for the very first time, I participated in NaBloPoMo.  It was somewhat daunting, at least in theory, but I really wanted to try and see if I could do it.

Guess what?  I did it!  With no hand-wringing about what to write, or trying to figure out posts ahead of time.  I think it was a huge success, and I also learned quite a bit.

I learned that every post doesn't have to be involved, or brilliant, or even very long.  Posting every day meant that sometimes there was a lot to say, and some days not, but it was still worth making the effort.  I love to write, and it was fun to feel like I had someone to talk to every single day.  Even if, like "Seinfeld," it was about nothing ...

I found a lot of new blogs to read, and new blog friends.  I loved reading the various things people posted, seeing their photos, and seeing how they handled the whole thing.  Even if they weren't enjoying it, their blog posts gave the impression that they were having fun.

I realized that by only "trying" to participate, I hadn't freaked myself out by thinking if I didn't continue, it was a moral failing.  I put no pressure on myself at all, and I have to say that was the main reason I think I succeeded.  I wanted to prove that it could be done!

I had something to look forward to every single day, both writing and reading what others wrote.

I found out how much fun it was, and how nice it was when people commented.  I occasionally have a post where a lot of people comment, but it was fun to have it happen more frequently.  It reminded me to actually take the minute or two to post a comment when I read something.

It was a good November.  It was a good NaBloPoMo, at least in my opinion.  I have decided to try and post more frequently, even if I don't always post every single day.  And I think it might just happen here again next year ... :-)


NaBloPoMo Day #30

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Good for you Bridget! Will you post tomorrow and keep it up or take a break?

Kim in Oregon said...

Yes yes yes to everything you said--especially about commenting (hence I am commenting) (but I would have even if you didn't mention it)!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such fun with NaBloPoMo.

I enjoyed reading all your posts.
Happy December!

Araignee said...

It was a good November. I'm going to miss all the daily posts that I got used to reading from all the participants.

Mereknits said...

I am very impressed, I found it very hard to post in November, I am going to try and be better n December.
Hugs,
Meredith