09 July 2020

It's Thursday, But This Week Has Been At Least a Month Long

Sometimes, when a lot happens in any given week, it seems like the time went by in a flash, and you kinda wonder where all time went, or what happened. 

Then there are weeks like this one.  As mentioned above, I'm pretty sure it's been a month long.  At least.

Since it's Three on Thursday, I thought I'd tell you three things that have made it seem sooooooo long.

1.  Hamlet had diarrhea.  Fortunately, he is on the mend.  But for two nights in a row, he needed to go out to go to the bathroom approximately every hour and a half.  And then in the daytime, I was exhausted but too wide awake to successfully take a nap.

2.  We finally got our new stove, which was very exciting.  Except, 1) they couldn't get the delivery truck down our skinny street, so the poor delivery guys had to walk the stove (using a dolly of course) up the street in 96 degrees with humidity; 2) then they didn't have the right thing to install the gas connector.  So The Tim had to go out after they left, get the part, and install it himself.  It was a much longer process than it should have been, but at least we do have a working oven again!  It looks like this one:


3.  I told you I had signed up for a KAL.  I finished the first clue pretty quickly last week, well before Clue #2 was released:


Then Clue #2 was released, and it is 99% lace, which as you know, is a challenge for me.  And this was truly just very simple lace.  But *(*^*&*&%%%!! did it give me fits.  The question is, WHY does it take me so long to figure out that all you really need to do - especially with this pattern, since it stayed the same throughout - is figure out how many repeats there are, and use markers?  Once I did that, it was smooth sailing, but before then, I ripped back at least three times.  I finally did finish Clue #2, which is good since the next clue comes out today, but I gotta tell you, I was ready to just scrap the whole thing.  I'm glad I didn't, but geez, what a self-imposed slog!

Add in a week of approximately 8-10 Zoom meetings, and I have to ask - was this week really a month long???

11 comments:

Juliann said...

I was so happy to read the tip about stitch markers for the lace in the Ravelry group BEFORE I started the lace section. This is the first time I have completed a lace section without having to unravel

Araignee said...

The shawl looks great! Markers are a must with lace. The more the merrier.
So sorry to hear about Hamlet's tummy issues. Pup has been waking us up at dawn and throwing up for the past two days. She's on chicken and rice for awhile. The days are way too long when you get up that early.

Nance said...

This week went quickly for me, but I felt exhausted for all of it. And I have no idea why.

Poor Hamlet! Poor you! But I like your new stove. It looks similar, if not identical, to the one we have at the lakehouse.

Glad you got your knitting back on track. You just had to use Your Process, frustrating though it may be.

kayT said...

I'm in this MKAL (love your colors) and, um, the third clue is, uh,

lace. Sorry.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

My week is dragging but for the opposite reason. Work is slow, and it's too dang hot to do anything fun with the free time! Today feels like Saturday to me, but it's only Thursday. Sigh.

Jeannie Gray Knits said...

Sounds like you have had a long week! Glad Hamlet is feeling better and you got your stove working. Glad you started using stitch markers on the lace. It's the only way I can do lace. Hope next week is better.

kathy b said...

Poor poor Hamlet and Poor poor you. Diarrhea is awful especially if accompanied by cramping. Lets hope the weekend is a lot better

Meditations in Motion said...

I am guessing Hamlet is a dog??? Not too long ago, my dog Benji was getting me up 4,5,6 times a night to go out. I would wake the next morning already frazzled and strung out before the day even started. I thought some very unkind thoughts about Benji. Then we lost him last week. I am wishing for those nights I could let Benji out and look at the stars.

sprite said...

Ugh! I'm so sorry Hamlet wasn't feeling well!

I'm glad your new stove is in place! I don't know that you want to cook in this heat, but it's always better to have the option than not. We replaced our a/c this week; it'd been fully broken since just before the heatwave began, and nothing makes all those Zoom calls even less pleasant than sweating like an Olympian through them. And next week a new fridge arrives. The freezer on our old unit is still working (knock on wood), but the fridge died for good over the weekend, taking most of our fresh food with it. Luckily, we were able to find a local shop who could replace it next week, since most of the larger retailers were giving us delivery dates in August.

Your shawl looks lovely! I'm excited to watch the progress!

sprite said...

Also, does your stovetop have six burners?!?!

karen said...

poor Hamlet and poor you! I hope he is better and you are once more sleeping blissfully at night. New stove!! I love new appliances, I hate to shop for them but I like to use them.