28 February 2020

News You Can Use

Few things please me more than unfortunate or stupid headlines in news stories.  One of my favorites that I no longer have in a form I could show you was a story from our local paper when I was growing up.  There was a photo of a heavyset woman who had just been named head of a local organization, but instead of that news story right next to the photo, it was below it.  And the headline of the story directly next to the photo was, "Blimp Visits Wheeling," since it was a big deal that the Goodyear blimp was going to be flying over our city on its way to Pittsburgh. 

Anyway, I thought some of these might make you laugh, and who doesn't enjoy that on a Friday?

Who knew?

Ahem.


Oh my.


Easier said than done.


Why have there not been more stories about this????


I find this one hard to believe.


Wow I hope Mike Pence was in charge of this study, too.


Owe deer!


Overachiever.


And then there is this, where it's not the caption, but the image that is, 
to quote my friend Lisa, "fried gold."



I hope your weekend gives you plenty of reasons to laugh, and that you enjoy Leap Day enough to last you the next four years.  :-)

7 comments:

Lorette said...

The ones you posted are hilarious, but “blimp visits Wheeling” almost made me fall off my chair laughing. Thanks!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

As a lover of grammar and language, I too love headlines like these!
I worked for a newspaper for many years, and try as we might, sometimes we even fell victim to our own headlines. We always had a good laugh though.
I think my worse was "Students excited about new pubic school". Luckily my editor caught that one before it went to print.

AsKatKnits said...

Oh my. LOL

Araignee said...

I think that cute little pup was framed. Lol.....

kathy b said...

I intend to laugh somehow tomorrow! Im still laughing at this post!

Nance said...

Flying bugs...who'd have thought!? And that little smiley pup definitely used his looks to his advantage. ;-)

Kym said...

Thanks for the giggles! :-) My son-in-law collects silly headlines, so I'll share your post with him!