07 February 2020

Weird Week

What a weird week I've had.  Nothing incredible or world-changing, just weird.  Does that ever happen to you?  A week that is not really awful, not really great, but just ... odd? 

Nonetheless, it's Friday, so at least the weirdness didn't somehow cancel that! 

I had a major knit fail this week.  I mentioned that I was doing a test knit.  I don't want to give more details, since the pattern is not out, and the designer told me that two other test knitters were having the same issue, so she wanted to take a new look at things.  To be honest, I know that in my case, it's a matter of just not being able to wrap my brain around a certain set of instructions, no matter how many times I try to figure it out.  I have watched about 5 different videos on YouTube by different people trying to explain it.  It's one of those things that my brain understands all of the words, but I can't translate them into being able to work the process with my hands.  So that process may be for another time.  A few years ago, I could not "get" the action/concept of Wrap and Turn, but when I made my Neverender sweater last year, my brain was able to make my hands get it to work.  Anyway, I feel bad in that I will not be able to knit the item anytime soon, but it's not because I didn't try, so it's all good.

I went back to my stripey socks for comfort.  :-)

I also have another small and quick project I want to try, but I do not have the shade of yarn I need in - of all things - cotton/dishcloth/that kind of yarn.  I have many other colors, but the project needs a specific one, so hopefully I can have a chance to get my hands on it sooner rather than later.  I tried it with some wool yarn leftovers I had, but it just didn't work out the way it should have.  More on that if/when I get the right color!

Planning-wise, I'm still trying to get my brain organized to decide what the next few projects will be whether knitting, stitching, or sewing.  I had planned to do it before, but my brain was too busy flitting around to everything and anything.  I *think* I'm in the right mindset to try this weekend, so it's time to give it a try again. 

According to the weather guy on TV this morning, the rain is supposed to stop around lunchtime today, which will be a nice change.  He also said next week should be rainy again, and honestly, that's just annoying.  I like rainy days now and then, but 3-4 days of rain in a row start to make me stabby.  Plus, I am annoyed that we have not gotten a single flake of snow this winter.  No, I do not want a blizzard that closes everything down for a week, but a nice decent snowstorm would be nice.  Who wants winter without any snow at all?  You can move south for that ... (though of course they are actually getting snow!).


Regardless of weather, I hope everyone has a good weekend and has the chance to spend some time doing what you like, rather than what everyone else wants you to do!  See you next week.  :-)

7 comments:

Araignee said...

Talk about weird, I just discovered it is Friday. I spent the whole morning thinking it was Saturday and even rushed The Mister out of bed so he could get to the post office before it closes at noon-on Saturday. Jeesh.
The weather is making The Mister and me both very stabby at the moment. This morning has been particularly awful. Wind, rain, temps dropping like crazy. I am so over this snowless, joyless winter. We all need a little hunkering down excitement. I feel cheated out of that standing in line for bread, milk and toilet paper community event that always precedes the S word.

Lorette said...

You can have your snow. And you can have our rain. It rained here 28 out of 31 days in January, and February is shaping up to be more of the same. We’ve had a foot of rain so far since NYD. This is about the time of year that we all get cabin fever around here and want to start shooting holes in the refrigerator for fun.

KSD said...

Darling Bridget, I could have written so much of this post. Brains just don't wrap when we need them to, huh?

Shirley said...

The only weird thing about my week has been the weather. We have had some beautiful, unseasonably warm days. Daffodils are blooming. Yesterday we had a tornado watch all day with warnings periodically. It rained relentlessly and was just a miserable day. Fortunately, only downed power lines, tree and debris everywhere was the only damage. Temperatures dropping and today we have a wind advisory. No snow here and none in the forecast. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

AsKatKnits said...

Sometimes the learning curve is super steep, sigh. It took me a LONG time to figure out the bind off for my Felix Cardigan. I had the YouTube How To on replay for the longest time before it finally clicked!

Have a good weekend!

Karen W said...

Hi Bridget, what color do you need? My mother-in-law left a whole plastic tub of the stuff when she passed, and I’m not a washcloth knitter. Mostly pale colors.

Jeannie Gray Knits said...

We've had an extremely wet and mild winter this year too. Tons of rain, zero snow. Hope you can find the cotton that you need. Good luck on your search.