09 March 2020

In Which I Did Nothing Socially Redeeming

Not a single thing for the betterment of the world.  Or - maybe by sticking to myself, I did in fact do the world a favor?  Food for thought.

The Tim had to work both days this past weekend, so I was on my own, which was 100% fine with me, because I was especially not in the mood to interact with others.  I had a couple of really excellent walks with Hamlet, as well as *two* games of Blue Ball (TM), which wore him out.  I finished a book I was reading, and fixed the messed up cable mentioned in an earlier post.  

As a matter of fact, I fixed that cable several times.  Spoiler alert - if you actually read the pattern instructions, this will not happen - who knew?  Here is what I finally have so far:


Now, I have to tell you that I had a lot more knit on this originally, but when I was convinced I had memorized the pattern, I managed to knit the cable incorrectly THREE MORE TIMES after I "corrected" it.  Then ... I looked at the pattern.  Oh.  Well that made a difference.  But now it really is seared into my brain, so as long as I don't get too carried away with thinking I'm a genius.

The yarn doesn't really show up too well in this photo, but it's some Black Bunny Fibers yarn that has been in my stash for years.  It's kind of a celadon green, with the occasional light blue flecks, and some stellina thrown in for sparkle.  It's very pretty.

But in any case, I'm on my way with this pair and hopefully they will not take too long to complete.

Other than that, I watched some knitting podcasts, and just enjoyed not being at work.  On Saturday, I did walk up to J Crew, since I had a coupon for $25.00 off if I spent $25.00 or more.  I wanted to see if they had any of their stuff on sale at all.  Well, I lucked out because they had a new shipment of some very nice t-shirts and they were 30% off the price.  I managed to get a white one, black one, and turquoise one, and with the percentage off and my coupon, the grand total came to $17.00!  Not bad for three basic, really nice, t-shirts that I will likely wear until they fall apart.  That was my big outing into the world for the weekend.

This week, we will be celebrating the 8th birthday if Milo the Koodle on Wednesday.  He has been particularly well-behaved and sweet lately, which The Tim says means that he (Koodle) thinks he is getting a pony.  Probably when he does not, he'll go back to his usual self.  :-)

And that's that.  A nice, weekend even if not thrilling to most people.  Now I am just hoping that this coming week at work will be a big long bore, since the other only other choice seems to be Sturm und Drang.

Have a good one!

11 comments:

AsKatKnits said...

Highlights from my weekend included a loop of the Warren on SNL videos... oh man. So.much.awesome!

Happy Monday (and Happy early birthday to Milo - may his pony dreams continue for many more years!)

Araignee said...

A trip to J Crew sounds like fun. I still regret not buying the little straw bag I had on hold last spring.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

You spent time for the betterment of yourself... which in turns, makes the world a better place!
Now get out and get Koodle that pony!!!

KSD said...

"Sturm and Drang" --- angsty singing duo or two sibling pets?

Dee said...

A quiet weekend at home is NEVER a bad thing. Hope your week goes well.

karen said...

Whenever my husband isn't here I rejoice at not cooking and having a slightly cleaner house :)

Kim in Oregon said...

I would argue that any shopping deals from J Crew make for a very impressive weekend!

Shirley said...

Actually, your weekend sounds pretty nice. I hope your work week is much better than the previous week!

Kym said...

I had a weekend pretty much just like yours! (I kinda like those kind the best.) And it sounds like you knit just like me. . . pattern directions? I've got it memorized, thanks! XO

Nance said...

That sounds like a terrific weekend to me! A little bargain shopping, some cat niceness, no working, and a joke from the husband which was not eye-roll-inducing. What's not to like?

I feel like Milo already has a serviceable pony in Hamlet. You could try explaining that although we both know it would be a waste of time.

Vera said...

Sounds like a grat weekend to me Bridget! hope your week now is better than last!