06 March 2020

This Week Was Not for the Weak

Am I right?  Oy.

I do have to say that for me personally, this was a horrific week, both minutely and in a more major sense.  Truly a terrible 5 days, when it took all of my energy to function and try to think of at least one thing each day that was a good thing.  My fallback?  Every day I was given the gift of being able to wake up, get up, and function.  Frankly some days I did not appreciate that as much as I should have, but nonetheless, I would repeat it to myself as my mantra.  Anyway, here we are.

Last night, I was knitting away on the first of my current pair of socks, being pleased that for the most part, I have it memorized.  And then, as usual, I was shown by the sock and by the universe that once again, pride goeth before a fall.  As I was putting everything back into the project bag, thinking how amazing I am because after having to restart five times, I was finally on my way, I took a look at how magnificent my work had been ... and saw that I had messed up the cable on the front of the sock about ten rows earlier.  Like Scarlett O'Hara, I decided that tomorrow was another day and just put it away.  Like my obsessive self, I kept thinking about it.  And so, tonight those rows will be taken back to the point of said mistake.  The project will then be put away for one day this weekend.  Because in the end, it just bothered me too much not to fix it, and in reality, it will not be that big of a deal.

EXCEPT THAT GIVEN IT HAPPENED THIS WEEK, IT *IS* A BIG DEAL.   Sigh.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Nothing specific is beckoning me this weekend, but I'm sure I'll think of something to keep myself moving forward.  My reading mojo has been low until the last few days, so I may read all the books.  As previously discussed, I'll do a cable correction.  Other than those two things and the usual weekend activities necessary to keep all of us alive and well, I'm going to see how things are each day when I get up.  I'm extremely grateful that I didn't make any plans for the weekend with anyone, so that I can take my time getting my psyche back in order!  And going out for some walks is always a good thing to do.  Sometimes I wonder if Hamlet is happy when I'm in this frame of mind, because it always leads to him getting a lot more walks than usual ...

Hopefully all of us can enjoy our weekend one way or another.  Even if it means that everyone around us will be busy with their semiannual whine about changing the clocks.  In our house, it generally doesn't make a huge difference, since the animals demand meals when they are used to them, no matter what the clock says.  :-)

So have a good one, whether you are reading, traveling, going out to eat, or even knocking over a liquor store. 

10 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

I'm so sorry it was a tough week. Hope next week sees you walking more lightly.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Boo to tough weeks. Did I mention that Mercury is in retrograde again? That's not the cause of all the problems, but it tends to make things worse, I find!

Here's to a peaceful weekend (full of walks for Hamlet!) and a better next week.

Kym said...

Oh, ugh. Some weeks are just No Fun At All. I hope you get some good restoration time this weekend. XO

Araignee said...

That kitty meme reminds me of Daughter's cat. You can't leave anything on the kitchen counters or she swats it right off and then sits there and looks at you like you did something wrong.

AsKatKnits said...

Oh boy. Why is it the horrid weeks somehow seem extra long? May this weekend be full of all the good things! XO

Nance said...

Ugh. I feel like when one thing goes, the rest just pile on. Be kind to yourself this weekend, and just leave that darn sock in Timeout until Monday!

Mereknits said...

Some weeks just need to end quickly so you can shake of the mojo of the past and move forward. Wishing you beautiful weather, perfect knitting, nice co-workers and peace.

kathy b said...

Oh Boy. Do something nice for yoU!!!! Some days are tough, but I like this saying
"it s just a bad day, not a bad life!

Dee said...

I think a LOT of us would have ordered a double this week.

Hope this week is better for you than last.


http://deekissinger.blogspot.com

karen said...

I'm sorry you had a bad week and I hope that this week is more kind and gentle to you in every way it counts!