12 March 2020

Round Robin

Well, here we are on another Thursday when things are swirling around and being turned upside down and everyone is on edge for one reason or another.  Someone posted on Twitter that Billy Joel should re-write the song, "We Didn't Start the Fire," but 'describing the last ten minutes.'  

So true.

Anyway here is my contribution to this week's Three on Thursday.


1.  This is a legitimate conversation that occurred during our dept staff meeting this a.m.

Supervisor:  There's a good chance that we will soon all be asked to work from home due to coronavirus concerns.
Me:  I can't do my job from home
Supervisor:  Everyone should find some things that they could work on if they can't be in the building.
Me:  Again, I can't work from home.  At all.
Supervisor:  Maybe you could use vacation or sick time.
Me:  That's not really fair since others will not have to do that.
Supervisor:  Well, then try to work from home.

And ... [scene].

2.  Yesterday I had to go to the eye dr for a follow up to an appt a couple of weeks ago (I have pretty severe allergic conjunctivitis all of a sudden), and also to get my new eyeglass frames with my new prescription lenses.  When I put them on, it was truly amazing to realize how much better I was able to see.  I had thought things were not that great, but apparently things had changed more drastically than I realized!  The dr said I probably just got used to the way things looked before, and my eyes adjusted as well as they could.  Which reminded me of one of my mother's sayings:  "You get used to hanging if you hang long enough."  (Not comforting, but true.)

3.  I have decided to try and learn to crochet (yet again) so that I can try to make a stripey, crocheted blanket.  I'm optimistic that now that YouTube exists, I might have some success.  I've taken classes in the past, but there was always a group of us and I am left-handed, so it never really worked.  And I've never been one who "gets" instructions from illustrations in books.  Once someone shows me something and I understand it, then the book illustrations are good refreshers, but starting there has never been successful.  In the past when I have tried, YouTube did not exist and/or I did not have a computer, so now that we have 20th century technology available at home, I think I should give it another try.  :-)

******


7 comments:

Araignee said...

I always get a jolt when I clean my glasses. It's a whole new world.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

So... that means you get to be home, but still get paid right (without having to use vacay/sick time)... that's what it sounds like to me! (Or it should, in a fair world).

KSD said...

Thank you for your sensitivity, there, Supervisor. Sheesh.

Poor, poor T-Rex.

AsKatKnits said...

Oh boy. I am sorry for all your things! (and I can't help with crochet, sorry... I am right handed and I dont get it!)

Meditations in Motion said...

Wait...do you mean you can't work from home? Ugh! ;)

Good for you for re-learning how to crochet. I just found my crochet hook in the basement when we were cleaning up yesterday. After a few seconds deliberation, I threw it in the trash. No more crocheting for me!

karen said...

maybe just thinking about work is good enough. You should not use vacation or sick time, jeez.

Nance said...

My son is a Lefty, and I understand vicariously your predicament. But even as a righty, crochet is a no-go for me. I can't comfortably hold the working yarn.

That T-rex graphic is too funny!