20 May 2020

Just a Bit

As in, I did have to do some unravelling on a knitting project.  Not a lot, but just a bit.  I was working along on a pair of socks, and *thought* I had finished the toe, but just as I was about to tuck in the last stitch, I noticed that in reality, I'd lost a bunch of stitches further down.  Sigh.  So it was time to undo the toe and complete it another day.  Hopefully next time I'll pay more attention ... 

Sorry I have no photo - but I promise one soon!  I forgot to take a photo, and I know that if I get up to do it now, I'll see something shiny and forget all about this post.  Unfortunately, I probably won't be knitting for a day or two.  I have been getting our garden ready and cleaning things up, and my right elbow is currently screaming at me.  So I am giving it a break from doing much for a couple of days.  Right now I have one of those heat strips on it and it feels very nice.  

On to reading.  I have been reading up a storm, I gotta tell you!  Today I'm starting this book:


I've had it for a long time, but decided I wanted to finally read it now.  I think I saw the movie they made of it years ago, but it's likely that most of it has gone the way of so many things that have left my brain for the ether of the universe.  I think Jane will be a good companion right now.

If you want to see what others are reading and making, check out the Unraveled Wednesday posts today at Kat's blog.

On This Day in History:  The Tim and I graduated from college 42 years ago.  I always like to remind The Tim that I graduated first in our class.  He likes to then remind me that we graduated in alphabetical order ...

7 comments:

KSD said...

I have never read a Jane Austen novel. Do I have to turn in my XX Chromosomes card?

Shirley said...

Glad you are getting a lot of reading done these days. You framed bee is just beautiful! I love the colors and the frame. The photo of the cats on Hamlet's bed is just proof that cats have to check out anything and everything that comes into the house.

AsKatKnits said...

That book has been circling on my radar as well! (and grrr for that nasty dropped stitch!)

kathy b said...

Graduation story ...funny! Your bee is awesome. I am reading a fairy tale, of all things. The Girl who Drank The Moon. It s fun

Araignee said...

I dug out my old copy of The Complete Works of Jane Austin after watching Sanditon on PBS a few weeks ago. It's still sitting on my table untouched as it's such a huge book I can't figure out how to read it comfortably. Juggling The Goldfinch has been hard enough. It's one of the reasons it's taken me two years to finish it. It's a workout. Lol...

AsKatKnits said...

That book has been circling my thoughts for some time. Maybe this is the summer to read it! (I don't think I have seen the movie) And happy graduation anniversary!

Nance said...

Can it be true? Was it that long ago that we 80s grads left college? I'm astonished.

I'm not a fan of Austen, but I have read her, as all good English Lit majors have. I'm glad you're reading; I'm reading, too, just something more contemporary. Enjoy your Austen!