18 May 2020

Just Go Along With This for Now

This was one of those busy weekends when I actually did a lot of stuff not just for myself, but around the house, and none of it is noticeable.  You know what I mean - you put things away, or spend some time on an ongoing project, and you're happy that it was done, but no one else would ever know?  Oh well, I know and that counts!

One thing I did "accomplish" that I can share with you is a couple of photos.  On my previous laptop, I used Irfanview to edit photos, and it was fairly straightforward and we got along very well.  Turns out that Irfanview doesn't work with Chromebook (of course it doesn't why should it, right?), so I had to find something else to try.  So after a ton of trial and error, I have these two photos to share, and though they are fine, I'm not completely happy with either of them, based on how I could have done them before.  I'm sure I'm the only one it bothers, though.

First up, do you remember the counted cross-stitch of the honeybee I finished last fall?  We got a frame for it, and nothing happened with that right away, and once the holidays arrived, forget it.  I finally got myself together enough to frame it a few weeks ago, and early last week The Tim hung it for me.


The reason this photo is at an angle, is because it is hanging above the stairwell where you go from the second floor down to the first floor, and this was as good a shot as I could get.  The closest that this comes to the actual gold shade of the frame is near the top left corner.  But I love the way it all turned out, and it makes me happy to see it whenever I'm heading downstairs.

Next up is one of the photos from Hamlet's birthday party.  One of his gifts was a new bed (the one we had belonged to Dug, and between the two dogs using it as well as the cats, a new one was in order).  As you can see, it was quite a hit.


Hamlet has even had the chance to use it once or twice since then ... actually for about the first week, he was only lucky to get next to it.  We keep telling him that he doesn't have to do the cats' bidding, that his head is bigger than both of their bodies put together, but nonetheless, here we are.

(Both of these photos took HOURS to get to look like this.  Sigh.  Good thing I have a lot of time to spend these days!)

I also spent some time starting to wash my winter sweaters to put away.  Though we have had some cool nights and early mornings, and there were a couple of days last week where the mornings in the high 30s/low 40s, I've decided that since this coming weekend is Memorial Day weekend, we're not likely to get many more - if any - of those.

This week I hope to get to work getting the garden more cleaned up.  The Tim got started with some of the big stuff, but I want to finish and we want to get some plants for there and the planters in front of our house.  That's the big thing I'd like to accomplish, but there are also a bunch of smaller things that are on my mental list as well.  Needless to say, we won't be traveling this year for Memorial Day, but I'm hoping that if we have some nice weather that we could have a little picnic in the garden if things are enough in order.

That's really about it.  My knitting projects continue, a bit slower than before since one of them in particular makes my one elbow uncomfortable, so I don't spend as much time knitting.  I'm hoping once that project is finished, the discomfort will also be gone.  I've done some reading, and am also catching up on some movies and TV shoes that we have had hanging around but never got around to watching yet.

I hope your weekend was OK, even if not exciting.  Don't forget to wash your hands, wear a mask, and stay home!

9 comments:

Araignee said...

I bought Pup a big expensive bed last year for our trip up go Michigan for Son's wedding and as soon as I brought it in the house the cats took it over. She won't go near it now.

AsKatKnits said...

I need to start the "washing of the woolens" here as well! Thank you for this timely reminder.

And how lovely of those kitties keeping Hamlets bed warm! LOL

karen said...

when I switched from pc to mac 2-3 years ago, my brain exploded with all the thinking and learning I had to do. I'm sure you will get everything figured out in a few weeks. I remember having big issues having the mac communicate with an old printer (and I refuse to buy a new one!). Also photo editing was completely overhauled.

What I do now is I edit my photos on my camera with an app called 'image size' and that creates a less dense info image and save it to drop box. Then I can access it through blogger.

Nance said...

Your needlework bee looks beautiful all framed up! It must give you a great deal of pleasure and satisfaction every time you see it. I love it.

Isn't the learning curve for a new computer and its software so tedious and frustrating? It's hard to remember that it will be worth it in the end.

KSD said...

Growing up, we switched warm weather clothes and cold weather clothes when it was time. It was always fun to open the boxes and see things you might have forgotten.

Kym said...

I love your bee! It is just charming -- and would make me smile everytime I passed by it in the house. :-) It's always tricky to get used to a new computer, but I'll bet you'll be a PRO before you know it! (I use my phone to edit photos. It's so much easier -- and quicker, too.) XO

Minerva said...

That frame is perfect with your bee! Very nice. Those are some lucky cats, and they look quite comfy. Sounds like you are getting lots accomplished in your neck of the woods.

kathy b said...

So glad kitty loves the new bed. We are staying in, masking up if we go to have a delivery to our truck, and we are zooming .

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Your fat-bottomed bee looks lovely in its frame!

Lol-ing at the dog bed pic. Winnie is always hogging Jem and Chevy's beds.