27 May 2020

Slow Progress on Two Fronts

Hello - I hope all of you had a good weekend, and for those of us in the U.S., I hope your weekend was a good one without going anywhere that included crowds and acting like an eejit.  Our weekend was really lovely, and the best part was that we actually sat in the garden and ate our picnic dinner on Monday!  It was nice that a) it was cleaned up enough out there to be able to enjoy it, and b) it was not hot and humid, but a lovely day and evening.  It was kind of weird to be home, since we are usually at my sister's, but we made the best of it.

I even pre-ordered and paid for sticky buns from a bakery in the neighborhood for us to have on Saturday morning as a treat, since we would be around.  They were heavenly, and when I picked them up and brought them home, they were even still WARM!!  It doesn't get much better than that.

Since we were at home and not doing anything other than entertaining ourselves, I did manage to get some knitting and reading accomplished.  I am still reading Mansfield Park and enjoying it quite a bit.  Just enough amusement for me at the moment.  One of the things I enjoy about Jane Austen's books is the way that she can concoct a sentence in a very proper way and still let you know that a particular character is ridiculous in any way.

But I did make a good deal of knitting progress, and have a HO to share with you:


Ta da!  I finished knitting the first of my Sousa Socks!  This is the one that had to have the end of the foot and toe redone, since I'd dropped stitches and hadn't realized it until I was ready to tie the last stitch off after doing the Kitchener stitch.  Ugh.  But It wasn't that much, and I'm really really pleased with how it looks - plus it fits, which I was hoping would be the case, but then again, when you are not too great at colorwork, it can be a crapshoot.

I have the second one well underway, and hope it won't take as long as the first one did, since I know what I want to do this time around.

As for my other projects - the sweater and the shawl - I am thisclose to finishing them, so hopefully they will join the ranks of FOs soon.  

This is my post for Unraveled Wednesday - go and see what else Kat and the others are up to!

6 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Awesome sock! I look forward to seeing some FOs soon.

Araignee said...

What fun socks!!! The idea of a warm bun right now is making me happy.

kathy b said...

that is an awesome sock. Summer summer summer it says!

AsKatKnits said...

Those warm baked goods sound delicious! (and I love your HO! The colors are spectacular!)

Nance said...

Warm, fresh baked anything is a win! Your weekend sounds like it was a success. And your sock finish looks terrific.

Jane said...

What a great sock. It looks like summer to me. Those sticky buns sound lovely - any warm baked good is a treat. I am looking forward to a chocolate croissant from my favorite bakery. Soon I hope. Have a good weekend.