06 May 2020

Ouch ... Oh Well ...

First of all, both Hamlet and myself would like to thank you for the lovely birthday wishes and notes on yesterday's post.  It was lovely.  He had a good day, with treats, presents, and even some cake and ice cream! 

I just returned from an actual dr's appt with my gynecologist.  I had to have a small outpatient procedure and well, it's not something you can do via telemedicine, you know?  So I am slightly uncomfortable but already feeling much less so than I did an our ago, so it's all good.

Today is Unraveled Wednesday, and I've decided to play along.  Since I finished a pair of socks, that meant it was time to cast on the next pair.  I give you the beginning of what I am calling my Sousa Socks:


I started, unraveled, and re-started these at least 4 times, but now I'm pretty sure I can just keep going.  I started with a pattern that seemed really fiddly, and after the 3rd time ripping out, decided to adapt it to something I found simpler, and so far so good.

I'm a bit more than halfway with this book, which I have had for a long time, and am just now getting to - but I am enjoying it immensely!


The main reason I haven't read it before this is because the copy I have was a gift, and not only is it a hardcover copy, but it's 500+ pages, and therefore not terribly portable.  But oh I am having such a good time reading it, and there's a lot of "What?" and "Hey The Tim, did you know that _____?" (which as you can imagine he is just loving). 

And that's the latest from here today.  I'm going to sit with my book and a cup of tea for a while before I try to motivate myself to get anything accomplished.  I hope all of you are keeping well.

11 comments:

KSD said...

"Sousa"?

Dee said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Shirley said...

Love your new sock and glad you have the medical procedure taken care of. Now you can just enjoy your book. I recently listened to James Taylor's Breakshot. It brought back so many memories of a time I thought I had forgotten.

Araignee said...

I would LOVE that book. I am going to have to go investigate.

Kim in Oregon said...

I have that on the Kindle (and Breakshot too) that I'll have to move to the top of the queue. For some reason I ran across an article about Joni Mitchell's song "cary' and now I want to read that book.

AsKatKnits said...

Oh ugh, I am glad you are feeling slightly better. And, I do love those socks!

Nance said...

That book looks wonderful. Thanks for mentioning it. And I hope you're feeling much more comfortable now.

Minerva said...

Best of health to you. I like the sock colors. That book looks intriguing. I grew up hearing these ladies sing.

Jane said...

Hope you are feeling all the way better. The socks look like fun. Enjoy them.

karen said...

feel better soon! I am glad you got the socks started to the way you like them, looks like smooth sailing now.

Mereknits said...

Hope you are continuing on your healing journey and all is well. Stay safe.