03 April 2007

What luck!

Though to be authentic, the title should read "What luuuck" which is what the lady on the Publishers' Clearinghouse commercial used to say. She'd follow up with, "Now we won't have to sell the farm." Because I am snarky, I always used to wish that besides saving the farm, she'd use some of the money to a) install a shower, and b) visit the dentist.

I, of course, would never be seen in public looking less than stellar ...

Anyway - I won something! I can't tell you how excited I am about it, because I have never won anything before. Lorette had a contest on her blog, to celebrate its anniversary, and I won one of the prizes! As I told her, it's a trifecta for me, as 1) I won something, 2) I'll get a package in the mail, and 3) it's yarn - hooray! I'm not just happy that I won, but also am pleased because I really enjoy Lorette's blog, and some of her commentary. She seems like someone who would be fun to spend time with in person - and honestly, given some of the people that some of us are forced to spend time with every day, isn't it great when someone seems like they are fun to be around?

Thank you, Lorette!

In my last post, I showed off the yarn I had wound, and said I was planning to start swatching. Which is what I did last night. However, swatching works much better if you actually pay attention, and try using the correct size needles first time around. Honestly, my brain was more sieve-like than ever last night. Even as I was knitting, I kept thinking to myself, "Gee this seems like it's making an awfully open fabric for a top." Tonight I thought I'd give it a try using the suggested needle size ...

And now for something completely different ...

(No, not The Larch.)

Thought you might enjoy this video, called "Medieval Help Desk":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQHX-SjgQvQ

2 comments:

teabird said...

And not spam, either - the horror!
Congratulations on winning the yarn - looking forward, of course, to seeing what you won and what it shall be.

Carol said...

O yes the Larch....~snort~ Congrats on winning! I was so happy when I saw your name :D I know if I spent any time with you and Lorette, I'd have to be carried home. Thanks for the well wishes, and yes I bought yarn! I bought him something for me to wear;) Now the Larch......