09 June 2009

It's All About Me!

I skipped last week's Ten on Tuesday because I had no clue ... but this week the topic is "10 Favorite Things to Do During 'Me' Time," and since I do participate in "Me" time whenever I can, I thought it would be fun to list ten things. Please note, however, that in spite of the fact that people assume that all of my time is devoted to myself because I don't have children, that is not the case. (Sorry if I seem touchy about that, but I really get sick of people saying things like that to me.)

Anyway, here you go:

10 Favorite Things to Do During "Me" Time

1. Knit.

2. Read.

3. Bake/cook.

4. Take a bicycle ride.

5. Take a walk.

6. Play with the cats (and with Doughboy if he is visiting).

7. Watch a movie. (My very favorite version of this activity is when it's a cold, wintry day, and I can sit on the couch with a pillow, a cup of tea, an apple, and at least one cat while watching a Killer Movie. A Killer Movie is an old movie that is either very dramatic, or so incredibly bad/stupid that it's a classic in my mind.)

8. Write notes or letters.

9. Go window-shopping (at my LYS or anywhere else, really).

10. Listen to music.

Some of these, of course, can be combined, but they are also things I enjoy in and of themselves. What about you?

11 comments:

Marie said...

You're quick. I was just about to start blogging about my (unfortunately less than) ten things. We'll see how far I get.

teabird said...

You also write patterns for adorable hats with kitty ears!

Lisa said...

Read;
Blog;
Paint my nails;
Drive somewhere very far away with the radio blasting;
Watch cooking shows;
Garden;
Shop;
Exercise;
Try new recipes;
Steal Jerry's hammock and nap.

When the boys wonder are in school I go home and play single woman with dog. Tres fun. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you on number 7, Bridget. Have you seen that movie, Marnie. It is quite chilling.

Yeah so i later found out that "the husband" is actually just her boyfriend but still... i'm just sayin'.

Carrie K said...

I get the same assumption. I only wish it was true.

Everything but 9! I can't bear windowshopping. I get the WANTS/MUST HAVES. Instant gratification. Not good to indulge it often.

Old movies are the best. Ted Turner should be tarred and feathered.

craftivore said...

#7 + knitting!

Sadly, I think trolling the internet is something I might have to add to my favorites list.

Unknown said...

Wish I have the talent and skill on knitting...hehehe. Good thing I can do crosstitching ;)

I played too - http://reejane.blogspot.com/2009/06/10-favorite-things-to-do-during-me-time.html

DART said...

Great list! All the knitters today have me wanting to go take a class!

Lorraine said...

Bridget- Arrrrgh!!! I don't care if you sit at home with your thumb up your butt (which must have been number 11) it's no-ones business. How dare they?

Everyone thinks that because I don't have an outside job that I eat candy all day. (which is only on the 3rd Thursday of the month!)

Bookfool said...

All of these are quite shocking -- particularly knitting and playing with cats . . and reading. Who'd have ever suspected?

I know. Go take a nap, Bookfool, you've been at the computer way too long. :)

Brenda said...

Excellent things to do during "me" time!
I read, knit, design socks to knit by reading knitting books...this is going nowhere good...