04 October 2013

Five Favorites for This Friday

You know what?  I enjoyed writing that post last week, and reminding myself of the small but really good things.  And I loved reading everyone's comments, some with their own lists of five!  So you know what, I'm doing it again.

Here are my five for this week. (This time, with some pictures ...)

1.  Getting to see a friend who moved away.  For those of you who have been reading for while, you may remember the dear departed Doughboy, the dog who used to live next door that we called our part-time dog, since we took care of him a lot.  Well, his family moved to Denver about two years ago, and we miss them.  Ben (aka Doughboy's Dad) was in town early this week for a conference, and we got to spend a couple of hours with him one evening between his workshop sessions.  It was so nice to see him, see pictures of the family, and catch up.

2.  Gradually feeling better!  There's still a way to go, but I'll take anything I can get.  :-)

3.  The Pittsburgh Pirates making it to the postseason.  Growing up, the Pirates were my [almost] hometown team, and it was in the years of Willie Stargell and and Roberto Clemente, etc. - aka the glory days.  As I've told people here, I do love my Phillies, but the Pirates will always be my first loves.  The fact that they defeated the Cincinnati Reds to make it to the postseason is just icing on the cake, as far as I'm concerned.


4.  Receiving my half-share yarn CSA from Juniper Moon Farm, and opening the package to such sheepy goodness!


5.  It's October!  The month of our anniversary, and Halloween, and to me at least, the first of my favorite months of the year.
Feel free to let me know in the comments what's been good for you this week!

9 comments:

kathy b said...

I got to touch the STANLEY CUP at work yesterday.
Good news so far on Pie keeping her eyes
Campfire in the middle of the week

SissySees said...

Hooray for feeling better!

Oh, the Pirates made it to post-season?! Well, in memory of the woman who taught me to love baseball, I need to re-engage and cheer them on!

I'm looking forward to closing the first-ever online vote for the League tonight and announcing the results. (Of course I've peeked!)

Anonymous said...

The first good thing: My car is no longer being held hostage by a broken garage door opener. New opener installed and working.

The second good thing: Lunch with the daughter of a good friend and a post lunch walk where we saw a hawk, a raccoon and plenty of alligators.

The third good thing: The alligators were all far away. ;-)

Glad you are starting to feel better. Hope you continue to heal quickly.

sprite said...

I went to four festivals last weekend, including one that happened in the wee hours of the overnight hours, much to my great delight!

I got to see an old friend who was in town for a few days.

A dear friend who is moving spent her birthday dinner with us.

We tidied some so we could accommodate a houseguest, and seeing a clean stove and front door makes me surprisingly happy.

Fresh flowers and grasses in vases on my desk at work.

Mereknits said...

Starting to feel better is the best. I love October as Halloween is my favorite holiday and my oldest son was born on that day too. It explains a lot about him that is for sure.
Hugs to you and love your new yarn.
Meredith

Nancy said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better - it takes awhile.

I've finished several knitting projects, cast on new ones, and have been lazy due to the weather (about 8 inches of snow today).

karen said...

Nice package of yarn!! That's my kind of mail :) sorry you've been unwell but it's nice to see that you're feeling better!!

Michelle B. said...

Glad you are starting to feel better~

My favs for the week:
Lunch with my husband midweek. Such a nice treat.

Watching my daughter play really well for her high school soccer team.

Hanging out with our neighbors at the homecoming football game.

And, helping my daughter to get ready for her first high school dance (if I could only get my son to go too!)

It's been a pretty good week when I write the good stuff down!

Mary said...

so glad you're feeling better - Holly sends "love", too! (and I think I might have to steal this blog post idea - LOVE IT!)