08 December 2013

Snow!

For the past few days, the meteorologists on the TV and the radio have said that a storm was coming.  But each and every one of them said that in Philadelphia, we might get a few flurries or a coating, but it would be mostly the never-popular "wintry mix" and would turn to rain overnight.  

So far, it's more than 4 inches.  

Usually, they spend days warning us that we could get A MILLION INCHES OF SNOW (yes, I'm exaggerating ...), and then it barely rains.  They seemed to have missed out on something for today's forecast - even this morning when I left to go to Rosie's for my shift, they were saying it would just be wet, and it was already snowing pretty hard then.

Of course, I hope no one is injured or worse as a result of the snow, and I'm not looking forward to skating to work tomorrow in what will likely be icy conditions, since it is supposed to turn to sleet and freezing rain overnight (and I.do.not.like.ice!) ...

But you know what?  It's December, it's snowing, and there are 17 days until Christmas.

I may be the only one who feels this way, but I like it.  :-)


7 comments:

Kym said...

I love snow! Although I need to clarify. I love snow in December, January, and even into February. After that, it needs to stop.

Enjoy the lovely "coating!"

Nancy said...

Drive safely and watch out for the crazies in the SUVs who think they are glued to the road because of their four-wheel drive.

kathy b said...

I love it too. We got several inches yesterday and it is purely magical!

Literary Feline said...

I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of accidents in my part of the country goes up because of ice conditions. I'm getting very cold weather out my way.

I've never lived anywhere where it's snowed, at least not to the point where it's stuck to the ground for longer than a minute (and even that's rare).

The pictures sure are pretty though! And I like seeing it on the mountain tops in the distance from where I live. I actually hate the cold. It makes my nose run and my eyes water and I feel just miserable all the time. There's a reason I live in a more desert like climate. LOL

sprite said...

I like it, too.

Anonymous said...

I ALWAYS like watching the Eagles on TV, but this game, WITH SNOW, PERFECT!

I just wish I was still up there to enjoy it.

I went to Greengrow Farm in Kensington and it made me really wish I could be there with their trees IN the snow. So neat a place.

KSD said...

I could not love snow more. Nor you, really, now that I think about it. . .