Happy Friday! I can hardly believe how nice it is today. Here we are at about 10 am here in Philadelphia, and the temperature is currently 69 degrees Fahrenheit. Perfection. It's so nice to have the windows open, and to sit outside in the garden without feeling like you're roasting.
Today is also a bunch of heavenly birthdays in our house. Our cat Tess, our calico, had a birthday on August 21. This is largely because we decided since it was already a special day, we'd give her this day to celebrate.
Because it's Double Dad Day - both of our fathers had birthdays on this day, isn't that a funny coincidence? My dad would be 110 years old, and I think The Tim's dad would be 93 years old. I hope there are a lot of celebrations happening in the beyond, and that everyone is enjoying them.
💖💖💖
This morning, sitting in the garden with Alfie and Katie, I took these two photos:
As you can see, Katie takes Squirrel Patrol very seriously.
This one amuses me because they are looking in opposite directions.
I sent them to my friend Lisa, who is in love with our animals, and she texted back "OMG it's a series - hang them in the Louvre!"
I told her that I wouldn't even consider it, because I know they would be stolen. 🤣🤣
Right now, we're all back inside, where Alfie is curled up in an old Chewy box with Esme - they established residency there about a month ago, so until they move on to whatever is next, we wouldn't dare recycle that box!
Katie and I are headed to the dog park for a game of fetch. She is obsessed with two things: squirrels and playing fetch. When we go to the dog park, she doesn't mind the other dogs, but she is there to RETRIEVE THE BALL. We usually stay for 20 minutes to half and hour, and then she is a happy girl for the rest of the day. We don't go every day - though if the weather agrees, The Tim takes her there on both days of the weekend. Which of course is another reason he is The Favorite.
Other than that, no big plans for today. I've decided to stop at the seafood market up the street to see if they have any nice-looking bay scallops for dinner tonight. I saw an easy but yummy-sounding recipe to try, and didn't have anything else in mind. I like going there, because you can get the amount that you want to get, instead of having to buy more than you need at any given time. I'll let you know if I try the recipe and how it turns out.
The weekend plan is to go to IKEA to find new living room rugs. We sent our nice rug to be thoroughly cleaned about a year ago, and then wrapped for storage until such time as Milo the Koodle departs this mortal coil, since it is his most fave place to pee. In the meantime, we have been buying medium-sized area rugs at IKEA that are under $100 and usually last us a couple of years (well, OK, others would probably replace them sooner, but anyway ...) If the weather is going to stay nice, I'll probably sweep and clean the garden one day, since there are lots of sticks and leaves and other pieces of nature that are making a mess, and getting trailed in and out of the house.
And that's the excitement here. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and feel free to join us tonight in toasting Tess the kitty, and Double Dad Day!
1 comment:
Happy birthday to all! The only thing that gets Pup moving anymore is the sight of a squirrel. She's pulled me over trying to get to one. I doubt she wants to catch one but she does declare victory when she runs them up a tree.
Post a Comment