07 November 2016

Bits and Bobs

I realized earlier today that I had a bunch of stuff I'd sent to myself with the subject line "For blog."  So I took a look and realized they were things I wanted to share, and I might as well do them all together, so I don't lose track of them.

First of all - Kathy has moved!  Apparently Blogger gave up on her, so she moved and has a brand, spanking new blog - but still with her Monday Q&As.  So go on over and visit her, so she knows that you know where she is now.  :-)

Next up, sprite wants to know if you are interested in joining her on the Virtual Advent Tour.  I can tell you that I participated a couple of years ago, and it was both fun and really interesting.  So if you think you might want to do it, please let her know, so she can decide if/how to proceed.

One of the podcasts I've recently discovered, and truly enjoy is the Grocery Girls Podcast.  They crack me up, and seem like they would be fun to hang out with.  In the most recent episode, one of them mentioned this Afterthought Heel process, where using waste yarn isn't necessary.  I watched the video, and I have questions, but basically, mind = blown.

This map amuses me - and also kind of scares me.  Have you asked the most popular question from your state?  I have to say I've never Googled "How to Defeat Isis."  I should probably hand in my citizenship card, huh?  ;-)

And finally, you may want to consider participating in this study.  It's easy enough to do, and you can drop out at any time - everything is basically still under your control.  The Tim and I have both signed up.

So there you go - maybe not something for *everyone* but some nice variety.  Enjoy exploring!

5 comments:

Kym said...

Love a good "random interesting stuff" post! Thanks for the links.

Bonny said...

Very interesting bits and bobs! I'm kind of proud of NJ's question (How to stop Trump) and wish I had asked that one myself months ago. The GeneMatch study is something to think about. I've refused BRCA gene testing for breast cancer because I'm not sure I would take action based on the results, but this sounds different as you wouldn't be learning your APOE genotype. Hmmm ...

Anonymous said...

I may not have GOOGLED it, but I have definitely asked myself my state's question . . . HOW THE HELL DO I GET OUT OF FLORIDA????

I'm doing it a bit at a time ---- from central Florida to north Florida . . . next up ...... OUT?????

Araignee said...

How to crab? That map is really funny. Us, Marylanders are really fixated on our crabs. Forget Isis.

sprite said...

Thank you for sharing. I really appreciate it!