09 November 2016

Bleak

I have no words, and yet so many words, to express how I am feeling.  But rather than try to organize those words and my thoughts coherently, let me share some of Anne Lamott's words, from one of her books, Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith:

"Hope is not about proving anything.  It's about choosing to believe this one thing, that love is bigger than any grim, bleak shit anyone can throw at us."

Please tell someone that you love them today - people, pets, the air, trees.  It will always be more important than anything else.


***********

Meanwhile, I hope this will at least make you smile.  I call this "The Ridiculous Trinity" and it's on my windowsill in my office. 


Take care of yourselves.  I'll be back again tomorrow.

13 comments:

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Worried.....sigh

Linda said...

thank you...I love this!

Linda in VA

Bonny said...

Thank you for the words about hope. So far this morning I haven't found much to engender hope, but I'm going to clutch Anne Lamott's words close. That and smile at the Ridiculous Trinity.

Araignee said...

I. Can't. Even. I had to delete my hopeful post from yesterday and put up some nonsense because I still can't put my feelings into words. No media for me today. I need to get a grip in a quiet corner.

karen said...

fantastic quote and one I will remember! love your trinity and may you have a calm quiet day :)

Vera said...

Nice post Bridget. I've felt so out of sorts all day long. Can't wait to get home and pour a glass of wine. Love the quote and your trinity...perfect!

KSD said...

I have words and ideas coming in bursts, but I'm not able to focus on them long enough to make sense of them. It's been mostly knitting and "Mystery Science Theater" for me today --- no news coverage and no Internet comment sections.

kathy b said...

I love Anne Lammot. We are making your apple scotch recipe again tomorrow. Soothing food!

AsKatKnits said...

Thank you for this! And, the tears, which are so close to the surface, are flowing again. Love is indeed the answer and it gives me hope.

Mereknits said...

This has been a very bleak week. I am afraid I am still having an incredibly hard time with it all.

Kym said...

We MUST find a way forward. XO
(And thank you for the smile. Because we really need that!)

Lydia said...

Yep- you said it.

Judy S. said...

I love her books. Thank you for the reminder! We do need HOPE.