09 August 2008

So - before I was so rudely interrupted ...

I was resizing the pictures I had taken of the treats I had made. Yep, right in the middle, the video card just died.

So let's catch up.

Hey, look at the goodies!

What, you may ask, is in the above picture? Those are Caramel Crunch Bars, fresh out of the oven. When I saw this recipe, I knew I wanted to give it a try. The only thing I changed was to use semi-sweet chocolate chips on the top, instead of milk chocolate.

They are Y-U-M-M-Y! Like any recipe, the first time gave me a chance to learn things I would do differently next time, like letting them sit for a while before putting the chocolate chips on top and returning them to the oven. And I would let them sit longer before I cut them into squares. But trust me, no matter how they look, they are worth trying!

(These are selected "attractive" looking ones. The rest - not so much ...)

What I have learned ...

(Because there has to be something learned from every experience, right?)

It was weird being computer-less for slightly more than a week. Though I did learn one thing, which was that for any other negative things that are associated with, or caused by, using a computer at home, having a computer keeps me from eating when I'm bored! I realized that when the computer is working, if I'm bored and don't feel like doing anything else, I'll sit down for a few minutes and check my e-mail, read blogs, etc. Well, during the first few days, I realized that instead of doing that, I would go find something to eat. And I don't mean a piece of fruit, or an energy bar. I mean candy, cookies, cake - well, you get the idea. Fortunately once this clicked in my brain, I tried to avoid letting it happen. But it was still something that had never occurred to me.

And actually, the computer was fixed on Thursday, but Thursday night I was too tired to check in, and last night I went to a Viv Pickle purse party. A friend of mine had been planning it for quite a while, but had a hard time finding a date that worked for most people. We had so much fun, and let me tell you, creating your own purse is harder than you'd think! (But I persevered, just so you won't worry.)

Anyhow, it's nice to be back. I have a few things in the queue for future posts, which is one good thing about being away for a while.

In the meantime, please try to contain your excitement, and carry on as normal ...

8 comments:

Kathleen Dames said...

They look yummy, though no espresso-powder based treats in our house with a rambunctious three-year-old! I know what you mean about snacking on sweets when at loose ends. It happened to me when we went to visit my family, and I didn't want them to think that I spent *all* my time online :)

Anonymous said...

I'm drooling.

Unknown said...

Bridget- It's true- one can never have too many purses!

Mistrmi said...

You are so awful --- coming back to us with caramel bars. That we can't eat!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

It's nice to have you back!

Your carmel bars look heavenly :)

Anonymous said...

i should have totally broken into your house when i had the chance...

Anonymous said...

That figures, you getting back online coincided with my weekend off the computer.

That caramel crunch bars look yummy! For some reason I'm now craving Rice Krispy Treats. And the computer hasn't stopped me from eating, alas.