I saw this meme the other day on Chartroose's blog, and got a charge out of it, so decided I would give it a shot.
Have You Ever…
1. gone on a blind date? No. Though if the person was blind, and bringing his guide dog, it might have been enjoyable. I could have petted the dog and given it Milk Bones while ignoring the date.
2. skipped school? Sadly, no. If I wasn't sick, I was there.
3. been on the opposite side of your country? Yes. My sister lives in California, and I've visited here there, as well as traveled there for other reasons (usually work-related).
4. swam in the ocean? If it counts when you go into the water, but don't actually "swim" then yes, in both the Atlantic and the Pacific.
5. had your booze taken away by the cops? No, but the sheriff did come to our door once when I lived at home and tried to arrest me for assault. Turns out it was the mean alcoholic woman two doors down, they got the wrong address ... (plus she was old and wasted, and I was a sophomore in college - I mean, did they think we looked alike??)
6. lettered in a high school sport? When I was in high school, there were no officially sanctioned girls sports. Unless you count cheerleading, which I don't, and wasn't.
7. cried yourself to sleep? Plenty of times.
8. played a musical instrument? Only if you use the term "played" in the broadest sense. I longed to take music lessons, but my older sisters had begged for lessons, and then quit after two or three. My parents were unwilling to spend the money again. (Ironically, I would probably have been one of those kids who actually enjoyed practicing ...)
9. sung karaoke? No. But I do sing a lot around the house, often quite dramatically. The Tim and I do a particularly rousing rendition of "Wunderbar" from "Kiss Me Kate." (The cats hide.)
10. cheated on an exam? No. Though I have been aware of people cheating by looking at my answers. And I've always hoped they copied the wrong ones ... but really I never cared that much.
11. played spin-the-bottle? No. I found this boring even as a young girl. That's the trouble when you are born already being 40 years old.
12. laughed until some sort of beverage came out of your nose? Oh yeah.
13. watched the sun rise with someone you care about? Sure!
14. ever been arrested? I have never been arrested. I was however, once "detained for questioning" for 45 minutes by the DC Police (trust me, it's not nearly as interesting as it sounds).
15. gone ice skating? No. I always wanted to as a kid, but neither of my sisters would let me go with them, lest their friends see me and my 16 heads ...
16. been skinny dipping? No. Mostly because I've never been skinny - HA!
17. been on television? I was in a couple of audience shots on David Letterman's "Late Show" a few years back.
18. thrown up in front of a date? Nope. My sister has though. Which is highly amusing, since she was a "perfect" nice girl, and went out on a pity date with a guy she didn't really like. Then at the end of the date she threw up in his car. No way could I have topped that.
This isn't really one of those memes where you tag someone else, but if you feel the need to amuse yourself, go for it!