07 September 2008

Three hundred!

When I logged in to Blogger, and went to click on "New Post," I realized that this would be my 300th post! I really hadn't been keeping track all that much, so I was surprised to see that the number is so high. Yeah, I know a lot of people who have done this for a while have more than a thousand, but I think 300 is pretty good for a two-year period.

A project that I can show you

This is what I have knit so far on sock #1 of a pair I'm calling Southwest Socks. They are a Christmas gift for my nephew's wife, Liesl. They live in Arizona, and the colors in this yarn reminded me of the various colors you see there, in the desert, the forests, and whenever you catch a sunset.


The yarn is Sock Hop, from Dancing Leaf Farm. I bought it last year at Stitches East without any particular project in mind. It's really soft, and great to knit with. I decided since the yarn had so many pretty colors, I'd just do a plain sock so that the pattern wouldn't compete with the yarn. I started these the first time on the plane to Puerto Rico - and then about four more times between then and the flight back to Philadelphia! I was beginning to think they were cursed or something, but after I set them aside for a few days and started fresh, everything was fine.

I spent part of yesterday and today cleaning out two closets on our third floor. I have had it in my mind for a while, but that was about it. Of course, I could have done it last weekend, when it was three-day weekend, and had another day left to relax, but such is life. There are a few small things to do before it's a fait accompli, but it feels nice to have the bulk of the work done, and things pretty much in order. Having said that, going up and down the stairs several times today has left me feeling more tired than I expected. So the rest of it will be finished tomorrow evening, which works out anyway, since The Tim needs to go through some of the stuff to see if it stays or goes, and he'll be home tomorrow.

I'm not the only one who needs to rest though, as you can see ...

The Garden Kitty had a busy day, snoop-ervising our activities, dashing up and down the steps, and making sure that The Tim didn't try to kill him (as he often does, by such terrible means as - getting up from a chair, or sneezing. You really can't be too careful, apparently).

But all of us survived, so I think it will be a quiet evening. It's just too bad that tomorrow is Monday!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE BIRDS!! :)

Stephanie said...

Love that yarn color!

Chris said...

Congrats on your 300th post!!

Whew! Glad everyone survived. The Garden Kitty looks exhausted...

teabird said...

Those are very Arizona colors - very nice!
(I used to hate orange. I don't anymore. Funny...)

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Garden Kitty looks quite at home in the house...

Socks will be perfect - great color choice in an AZ resident.

BTW, had a bit of a scare Saturday but 3rd Q the QB seemed to grow up.

Lorraine said...

Bridget- I think orange must be my "menopause"-colour.

Mistrmi said...

Congratulations on 300!

I like the name "Liesl."

I like the name "Dancing Leaf Farm."

You're supposed to clean closets?

Anonymous said...

Hezekiah and the Garden Kitty have the same deep suspicions it seems.

The socks are really cute! It's what they always say, fifth times the charm!

knitseashore said...

Those socks work for a New England Autumn too...we'll be seeing that color around very soon!

Hope you are feeling recovered after the cleaning mission!

Brigitte said...

Yeah, Garden Kitty looks like he's had a whirlwind day all right! Phew!

I logged in the other day, and saw that I'd just reached my 150th post.