1. Yes they are predicting another snowstorm. And yes, we've had much more snow than usual. But a) it's winter, and b) there is nothing we can do about it, so let's all just move on and deal with things OK? I complain when it's hot and humid, but mostly to myself, because a) it's summer, and b) I know there is nothing I can do about it. So far I've lived, and so will you.
2. Dear Octo-Mom: Please go away.
3. Oddly enough, I still don't care if I never see an episode of "American Idol."
4. I think that most people do what they have to do most of the time. And that is courage, even if no one else never knows or understands.
5. Dear Co-Worker: I'm glad you are watching your salt intake. However, I can watch my own, thank you very much.
6. I've said this to others, but every time I watch the Olympics, I think it would be so much more enjoyable if there was a Tim Horton's near my house. As would life in general ...
7. I will truly miss Brian Westbrook. I thought he was a nice person, besides just a really talented football player.
8. Dear Zach: I'm sorry your birthday present will be about a whole month late. It has nothing to do with how much we love you, it has to do with the fact that finding stuffing material for your gift is way more challenging than it should be. Hopefully once you finally get it, you won't care that it took so long.
9. My birthday is coming up. Unlike most adults, I actually look forward to, and enjoy mine. Still being around to have birthdays seems like something you'd want to happen.
10. Are Girl Scout cookies good because they are expensive, or because they are only available for part of the year? Or is the answer both of the above?
Feel free to go back to whatever it was you were doing. It just feels good to get that off my chest ...