01 June 2011

The Return

Well, the worst of the pneumonia is past (I hope!), and I'm getting back into the swing of things.  Yesterday was my first day back at work since May 19, and needless to say, I was exhausted when I got home!  I still don't feel great, but the doctor told me that as long as I don't feel worse, I should consider it progress, and that it will be a few weeks until I feel "normal" and have my usual level of energy back. 

So, even though I am still feeling a bit icky, and still coughing a lot, I'm ready to start blathering again.  Stay tuned for a post or two in the next few days, and thank you so much for all of your notes and kind wishes.

6 comments:

Maureen said...

So glad to hear you're on the mend!

Jenn said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better!

SissySees said...

Whew! I wasn't sure by the post title WHAT was returning. Glad it's your health.

teabird said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Claudia Bugh said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been so sick. Coughing and fighting off an infection really wears a body down. But it sounds like you are on the mend :)

It's been a bad year for colds and whatnot out here in California. Steve has had a sinus infection that now may require surgery. I frankly had no idea a cold that lingers could result in secondary infections.

Anonymous said...

You have my complete sympathy. After my first (and worst) bout of pneumonia, I couldn't be anywhere there was smoke or my lungs would begin to ache. I have never been so exhausted and weak in my life.