24 March 2015
Today's Ten on Tuesday topic is: Your 10 Favorite Cheeses.
For as long as I can remember, I have been a cheese lover. If I didn't love it so very much, I could possibly consider becoming a vegan. But a) I don't really want to, and b) I love cheese too much to give it up easily.
Anyway, in no particular order, and as they came into my brain, here is my list:
1. Swiss cheese.
2. Cream cheese.
3. Cottage cheese and ricotta cheese. Different cheeses, but a similar category of cheese to me.
4. Cheddar cheese - particularly horseradish cheddar!
5. Sharp provolone - I like regular provolone, but given a choice, I'll take sharp.
6. Brie cheese. A few years back, a friend of mine sent us a 2-pound wheel of brie cheese for Christmas. Trust me, that's a LOT of brie. However, we made the sacrifice necessary and finished it ...
7. Blue cheese and gorgonzola cheese. Though they are different cheeses, I think of them as similar, and love them both.
8. Smoked gouda.
9. Mozzarella - especially those fresh mozzarella bites you can get at cheese shops!
10. Parmigiano Reggiano - this is my favorite cheese to put on the top of pasta.
So many more cheeses ... there are not many that I *don't* like, and my "favorite" changes pretty regularly!
What about you - are you a cheese fiend?