Ugh. To quote my mother, "It's hotter than Billy be d*mned." I don't know who Billy was, or why he was in that situation, but that's just how hot it is. For Ten on Tuesday, Carole wanted to know 10 ways to keep cool in the heat. I'm not participating this week, because the heat and the humidity make me so incredibly miserable and cranky that all ten of my answers are GO BACK TO WINTER.
But, as usual, Kathy has some questions that just cry out to be answered. There are just a few this week, but I still wanted to play along. :-)
1. You are getting yarn in the mail today as a gift. Tell us about it.
Well, if it is a gift, it is most likely sock yarn. But the best gifts are also surprises, so that's all I can tell you ...
2. You are knitting poolside. What are you ordering from the cabana boy.
A margarita. That also means I'll have to stop knitting though, if I don't want to tear it out and re-knit it later!
3. You are asked to give a 5 minute presentation about any aspect of knitting at all. What is your topic?
Why/when I use double-pointed-needles.
4. You can ask a knitter to finish any of your WIPs. Which one is it?
I would have to decide between my Custom Fit sweater or a shawl I have on the needles. Mistakes were found in both after I'd knitted way beyond said mistakes, and I have lost the will to pull out and/or re-knit after that, at least for now.
5. You take good care of your hands. Are your nails short or long?
I try to take good care of my hands, as they are one of the first things I notice about a person. My nails are short, and currently painted turquoise. :-)
Join along in the comments, if not on your own blog, and let us know what your answers are to these questions. It's fun!
Try to keep cool, everyone.