Thanks for all of your kind and supportive words over the past few weeks. This week has been particularly brutal, and so I need a favorites post to keep me from just losing it altogether. So let's see what we have to think about that has been good over the past week.
1. The weather. The actual weather outside - not in my head! It's been a lovely week here in Philadelphia. Tuesday was the least enjoyable to me, since it was warmer and more humid than it has been recently. But other than that, the days have been sunny, warm but not too warm, with nice breezes and overnight temperatures that require a sheet or lightweight quilt to be comfy. Particularly given what other places are dealing with, it's been perfect.
2. Our trip to Nockamixon State Park on Labor Day. It was such a nice day, and though there were lots of people around, it was not crowded in the least. We saw and petted lots of pups, laughed at some of the kiddos at the pool, and enjoyed watching the birds of prey flying around. We saw hawks, buzzards, and even some brown eagles. Even better, none of them were interested in us!
3. Kim's Knitters Hunk and Knitters Chick contest. It's just gotten underway, and if you haven't been participating, you should. Not only is it fun to see who is nominated and vote, but I find it fascinating to see who is involved. So many people nominate their faves that you truly see a crazy range of people.
4. Kindness. Seeing how people have been going out of their way to actually do what they can for others with all of the hurricanes, wildfires, flooding, and even earthquakes happening. So much of our daily lives has been overtaken by the horrific actions of the current administration in DC, that it was rewarding to be reminded that most people, when given the opportunity, have true kindness in their hearts.
5. Farm stands. On our way home this past Monday, we stopped at a farm stand and bought some fresh corn, a cantaloupe and some peaches. We are still enjoying all of them, and they really and truly are so much yummier than what you can buy at a grocery store.
Hopefully there has been at least one thing this week that has made you happy. And here is wishing all of us a good weekend! For those of you anywhere near any of the terrible weather, I hope that you and yours will be OK.
Take care, everyone.