23 July 2024

Watch ... Then Read

 


I hope you can see/hear the video OK - it's me on my phone, attempting to bring something different into my blog posting.

For those of you who can't watch for whatever reason (technology is not my forte I'm afraid), this starts with me in our kitchen, showing a disgusting floor and filthy wall where our old refrigerator used to be. And then I head down the hallway to show you where our new refrigerator is.

Yes, last Friday, we got a new refrigerator. We had our old one for 30+ years, and fortunately, we'd never had to have it serviced or had any problems at all with it. Over the last month, the door started to do that kind of thing where you needed to check to make sure that it actually closed. The Tim (referred to simply as Tim in said video), thought we should be proactive and get a new one, and I had to agree. Why tempt fate, you know?

But you may ask, why is there an empty space in the kitchen, and why is the new fridge in the dining area? Well, The Tim decided this was a great idea, because that way when we replaced the kitchen floor, we wouldn't need to move the refrigerator out and then back in again. I tell ya, the guy is a regular Einstein.

Actually, that's good except ... up until that time, there had been no serious discussion about replacing the kitchen floor! As in nothing said at all about it. But apparently, through osmosis or mindmelding or some other process, I was supposed to be not just aware of it, but trying to find people to do it for us! 

To recap:

1. Old fridge = gone.

2. New fridge = here but in the living/dining room.

3. We are getting a new kitchen floor.

4. I was apparently in the process of finding someone to do this for us.

5. I have just been made aware of #3 and #4 over the past couple of days.

6. I have discovered that I am not in fact telepathic.

7. I am however determined that this will happen BEFORE the holiday season.

8. I am not involving myself in any way, shape, or form in the process of later moving the new refrigerator into the kitchen with the newly-installed floor, whenever that time comes.

9. I have informed The Tim of #8.

10. Should things go south in some way, one of us will pay. It will not be me.

Fun times, amirite?

5 comments:

Araignee said...

I just did that! I had my fridge in the living room for almost 3 years during our crazy pandemic era kitchen remodel. I love my new floor and my new fridge-until it stated making weird noises. I had to pull it out to see what was going on and GUESS WHAT....that space behind my new fridge, that has only been there TWO years, was FILTHY again!!! I was horrified. I just said to The Mister that refrigerators should be on wheels so you can roll them out all the time to clean behind them because it was a bear to get that new one out without tearing up my new floor.

WendyKnits said...

I dunno, having a fridge in the living room makes going for snacks during tv viewing much easier! I shudder to think what the wall behind my fridge looks like!

Nance said...

Oh, that would drive me crazy. I mean, I get it, but I couldn't do it. Unless I had a firm timeline already in place, that fridge would be in the kitchen, period. You are a better person than I am.

(Love the companionship of Alfie and Esme. So very sweet.)

Kim in Oregon said...

Here's hoping the floor is replaced sooner rather than later!

KSD said...

I often think that I would like to spend some time in your house. A fly-on-the-wall kind of thing.