18 March 2008

Party Pitchers

It amuses me when instead of "pictures," people say, "pitchers." I wonder, what do they call the people who throw the ball in baseball??

Anyway, the 30th Annual St. Patrick's Day party at my brother-in-law's firm was tons of fun, and I took quite a few pictures before my camera battery died (or did it pass out from drinking?).


Patrick, Greg, and Zach, posing on the stairs at my sister's house before we left for the party. (Greg didn't have a green hat, so he had to borrow the one that my niece Amanda had bought for Biggie, my other niece's chihuahua ...)

Then we arrived at the party, and were greeted by members of The Firm. Somehow I get the feeling that this is not what John Grisham had in mind ...

(See the young guy, third from right? Well, when I saw how the picture turned out, I said, "This is *so* going on the website, meaning our family website, and this blog. He turned deathly white and looked worried, like I was going to post it on the American Bar Association website or something. Eejit.)

There was live music, from a group called Gallowglass. They were excellent, and it made the whole evening more enjoyable. One of them is apparently a doctor at a local hospital.


La Liz, Patrick, Amanda, and Tim C. (one of the law partners).
Sadly, Tim C. seemed to walk away with Patrick's hat, we never saw it again ...





This is our friend "The Ells" and some woman I don't know. I kept trying to make her get closer, so I could blackmail him a la Eliot Spitzer, but a) she wouldn't move closer, and b) I'm pretty sure his wife wouldn't care ...

Zach had a great time at the party, here he is, singing with his
Paddy, and below, dancing - which as you can see, is pretty
serious business ... he lasted longer than any of us!









The Tim and The Ells yuk it up. Sadly, in this photo, The Ells is the one who looks normal, and he's wearing one of those shamrock headbands ...

It was a blast, and I'm pretty sure my hearing will never be the same. And the rest of the weekend was just as ridiculous. But it was worth it. Always is.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

zach us such a cutie!!

tell uncle "eddie" we want to see him wear the dickey to the next large gathering of clan ;)

Carol said...

Now that looks like fun! I'm giggling over hea! The people who throw the ball are pichers!

Anonymous said...

Lipby says the same word for both photographs and the ball-throwing position in baseball.

Mistrmi said...

Aw, look at you all there. . . (This, in case you can't tell, is being typed in a thick Irish brogue.)

Quilting Mama said...

Zach looks like he was the party - who needs the big people.

The Tim - too much for words.

So glad you had so much fun with the family.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Very cute and funny post! I spent a uproarously exciting time on St. Patrick's Day up visiting my parents...... not even a glass of Guinness beer in evidence. May have to toss a little extra stout into my lamb stew tonight for luck instead!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I'm sure the word "blog" strikes fear into a lot of hearts. Maybe if it was YouTube instead.....