It's been a while since I have participated in this, but I do enjoy reading everyone's responses, and the topic and the timing have hit me in just the right way this week, so here you go.
10 Favorite Comedy Movies
I have many favorite comedy movies, but here are ten that came to mind, in no particular order.
1. Some Like It Hot - this movie has been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl.
2. The Producers - I can't help it, but every time I hear someone say something like "I'm hysterical" [laughing], it's all I can do not to say, "I'm wet, I'm wet!"
3. Caddyshack - stupid. Hilariously stupid.
4. The Thin Man - sophisticated and funny - one of my fave combinations!
5. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - I can almost recite this one.
6. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles - John Candy and Steve Martin. Brilliant.
7. Indiscreet - the part where Cary Grant dances at the party makes me laugh so hard that I cry, every single time I see it.
8. Shaun of the Dead - yes, there were creepy parts (I'm easily creeped out), but it was also really funny.
9. Revenge of the Nerds - stupid, yes, but "Oh my God - I've kissed a NERD!" is one of the best lines ever.
10. Dave - I think this one is charmingly funny.
Once I started thinking, so many more popped into my brain. But it's Ten on Tuesday, not However Many You Can Think Of Tuesday ...