01 August 2013

Coming Clean

Well, it was bound to happen.  One cannot live a life of secrets, no matter how small or insignificant they may seem.  So now I have to let you in on something that, while not really a secret, was just likely unknown to my readers here.

I love clothes, shoes, and makeup.

Not in an obsessive, high-fashion way, or even in a follow-every-trend way, but as something that I find fun and entertaining, when I'm in the mood.  Maybe because I seldom actually have to, I love to get dressed up, and actually spend time on my makeup (and I also must admit that it usually only looks different to me).  I have all kinds of foot problems, so my shoe choices are limited, but I get really excited when I find a pair that a) fit well, b) look nice, and c) are affordable.  So though I am driven insane by "fashion" types, I do like reading about pretty things, or trying something new every once in a while.

(Keep in mind, that 99% of the time, I am wearing sweats, t-shirts or sweatshirts, flip flops or sneakers, and no makeup.)

Anyway, the reason I'm telling you all of this is because I recently started another blog dealing with my thoughts about these things, and other things that just never feel like The Ravell'd Sleave material.  And my most recent post there was about the crossover of two of my favorite things, knitting and beauty, all wrapped up in something called a Soakbox.

Rather than duplicate the post, I'll just let you read it there.  But then, you should come back here, because this blog is still my baby.  :-)


5 comments:

Mereknits said...

I'll visit you both places, good for you starting another blog.
Hugs,
Meredith

Bookfool said...

Oh, wow, and you've been at it for *months*! I just started my Secret Blog, today. It's not associated with my old blog in any way. I even had to come up with a new email addy to set it up, the idea being that I really wanted to have some place to purge without my relatives reading my thoughts, haha.

Jenn said...

I have developed an obsession with nail polish this summer. It is funny to me that Tom doesn't bat an eye at alllllllll the yarn and roving, but he said to me "don't you have enough nail polish?" No. No I don't.

elns said...

Haha, I love that photo in the post! It really captures how I feel when someone interrupts me when I'm counting stitches. :)

KSD said...

The photo perfectly captures the sheer joy of knitting, huh? It should be on Recruiting New Knitters posters.