I've decided that with the week I have had, dealing with shingles, and being worried about time off from work, that it would feel good to concentrate on some good things, some things that were nice/good/fun during the week. I try to be regularly thankful and in the moment, but weeks like this make it seem almost impossible.
All the more reason to find the good stuff. Of course, there are always the obvious good things - family, having a job, having someplace to live, and I do tend to remember them more consciously than other stuff. But let's see what made this week a good one.
1. Wonderful fall weather. It's been so nice and cool and sunny, with the kind of overnight weather that just makes you glad to snuggle under a blanket.
2. A great doctor. My dermatologist is the best. I have been going to her for more than 10 years, and she is still as involved and attentive as my first meeting with her. She is kind, and even called me today to make sure I was doing better, and to see if I had questions.
3. Old movies. Since daytime TV is such a bust, it was a great surprise to find one of the off-channels that shows old movies. They were highlights in otherwise long days where I was supposed to stay put.
4. Blogs. I read a lot of blogs about numerous topics, and often I have to read quickly or just skim some of them. But this week, it's been like having friends stop by to keep me company, without me having to make any effort to deal with them. I've been able to just take my time and enjoy reading.
5. Honeycrisp apples. Alone, with peanut butter, sliced, whole, however you have them, they are one of my very favorite things about fall. We get them at the Farmer's Market, and even when they are a little bit more than the other apples there, it's worth it.
What about you? I hope you can think of five (or more!) good things, and that your weekend includes lots of them as well.