10 Things You Can Do Yourself But Get Your Husband to Do Instead
Now, I know I am lucky, because ever since we have been married, The Tim and I have shared most chores, activities, etc. related to hearth and home. And since The Tim has strong Felix Unger characteristics (aka he is somewhat of a clean freak - albeit only about certain things), he does some things all of the time because he thinks I don't do it as well. Which is fine with me.
In any case, here is my list:
1. Clean the bathroom. Apparently this is one of the things I don't do as well. Though as far as I know, no one has ever died from being in our bathroom when I cleaned it. But since I hate cleaning the bathroom, it's all his.
2. Vacuum. You guessed it - I also don't do this very well. Again, I am happy to let him live it up.
3. Shovel snow. I will admit, I don't enjoy doing this, but it's not like I can't. This year, it turned out that every time we got a huge snowstorm, he was either already home on a day off, or got home from work before I did.
4. Clean the litterboxes. I have been told that he has "a system" and it's "just easier" for him to do it.
5. Wash windows. Don't ask. It involves another system.
6. Scrub floors. Again, just don't ask.
7. Wash the car. I really don't do much with the car, since I don't drive I am only ever a passenger. But he gets a particular pride out of washing the car HIS WAY, so I stay out of the way altogether on this one.
8. Give the dog a bath. He LOVES doing this.
9. Prune the trees, roses, etc. when appropriate.
10. Repairs or painting around the house. OK, so I don't necessarily know how to do a lot of these things, but the things I do know how to do are usually done by him as well.
You may think from reading this that we must have an immaculate, sparkling home. You would be wrong. One of the things I do well is get rid of clutter. One of the things he does well is create it. Plus, we have three cats and a dog, so "House Beautiful" is not likely to show up to do a magazine spread on our house anytime soon ...