1. A weekend in Rehoboth Beach, with my niece and her husband. The Tim, Dug, and I traveled to Rehoboth last weekend, to spend the weekend with my niece, Amanda, and her husband Pat. They have a house there that belongs to Pat's family. and everyone takes turns staying there. They had invited us for the weekend. Saturday it was so nice we sat on the beach most of the day. Sunday, it was overcast and chilly, and when we left on Monday, there was 8 inches of snow on the ground!
2. Soda bread. I always bake either soda bread or brown bread for St. Patrick's Day, and this was a soda bread year. I have a recipe that I love, mostly because it results in a bread that is yummy, and not dry like some soda breads can be. Plus it makes four loaves, so we have one right away, give one (or sometimes two) away, freeze one, and one of us takes one to work for a treat for our co-workers.
(Not mine, but mine looks like this ...)
3. Zeppoles. March 19 is St. Joseph's Day, and in Philadelphia, that means that one of the old-fashioned Italian bakeries has zeppoles in celebration. They are so yummy, and when you pick them up at the bakery, there is an old-fashioned music group, with an accordionist playing music. Such fun!
4. Knitting group at work. Thursday was the second meeting of the new knitting and crochet group at work. It was so nice to have a break with other fiber types, and see what everyone was making.
5. A letter from a friend. I have been remiss in my letter-writing lately, but I got a letter from a friend who does not usually write letters, and though it was short and not that newsy, it was exciting to receive.
Have you had a good week? I sure hope so. But, even if not, the weekend is here, and I hope it's a good one for everyone - enjoy!