14 November 2014

Five Favorites for This Friday

This has been an iffy week, so I decided that even more than usual, I needed to sit down and think about good things.  Then I realized that it's been a long time since I did one of these posts, and I enjoy writing them, as well as hearing others' thoughts in the comments.

So it's time to forget the bad and enjoy the good!

1.  The weather has finally gotten cold.  Yes, I know I am the only one who is happy about this, but I love cold weather, it *is* November after all!

2.  My knitting has been off-kilter lately - I have had a hard time focusing on anything, and have been feeling so disconnected from it.  But the past few nights, I've worked on a couple of gift things, and it's made me so happy!  I think it is helping that I'm reading Knitting Yarns by Ann Hood, and enjoying that as well.

3.  The Tim made some yummy cranberry bread the other day, and every day I have been taking a slice to work to have with a cup of tea on my morning break.

4.  Pip has decided - at least for now - that sleeping right next to me under the covers at night is the best.  He is so cuddly!

5.  Mashed potatoes.  Do I really need to say more?

What about you?  Have there been any favorites for you this week?

Enjoy the weekend!

The Tim bought me this mug** a few weeks ago,
and though this is not the best photo,
LOOK - knitting!


**They have these mugs at Barnes & Noble, if you want one for your very own self.  :-)

8 comments:

Kym said...

What a GREAT mug!!! And whenever I get overwhelmed, I try to make myself focus on the positives. It usually helps! ("I simply remember my favorite things . . . and then I don't feel so bad!") XO

Nancy said...

I find when I have an attitude of gratitude that my day goes much smoother. Even small things like finding a parking spot in a crowded parking lot can make my day.

Lorraine said...

Bridget- Well, I too am happy about the cold weather. And that book was good, probably the best essay book in a long while.

And the Toronto Santa Claus Parade is on Sunday.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

You had me at mashed potatoes!!! (and I'm with you on the cold... only because it means I can wear all my knits!)

Mereknits said...

Aren't all weeks a bit iffy!? Love your thoughts and I agree with you about the mashed potatoes and the mug for sure.
Hugs,
Meredith

Chris said...

Gotta focus on the positive that's for sure. Sometimes that's no easy task! Your mug is awesome!!

KSD said...

No, you're not the only one who welcomes the cold. Love it!

Are you going to see the Pope when he's in town?

elns said...

Yes, I do enjoy these posts! I'm with you, gotta focus on the positive. It's usually there, somewhere. Your mug is super cool. I saw a "knit" mug last year and missed out on it, I might have to go visit Barnes and Noble...

Also, I am high-fiving you for #5. My love for mashed potatoes (though without skin) knows no bounds.